a year already......

mark43

Apr 8, 2007
Peru, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 whites m6
yes, a year at the end of this month will mark the passing of my father, my friend, my best man at my wedding, my golfing partner and my barbershop quartet buddy. we sang together for about 5 yrs. and had a hell of a time putting on shows and singouts for weddings and stuff like that, that people would request us to perform. he was singing barbershop harmony for a good 50 yrs. and its no suprise that i would end up singing sometime later in my life. him and his buddy(the 2 old guys) and me and another guy(the 2 young guys) formed a quartet and became appropriately named "the lads and dads"...........i still sing a little. but with my work schedule, its getting harder to show up for rehearsals. however when i do show up, the chorus seems empty to me and sometimes is a little hard to sing a song that we once did together as a quartet. i did receive a black onix ring(spell check)that he always wore, after his death. i wear it on special occasions and put it back in its secured place for the the next special event. that day will be march 31, 2008.........1 year to the day of his death.........if i ever were to lose that ring, i would be putting out a call for all mders to come to help me find that ring.........i hope that will never happen..........so to my father i say "you were the best and may you rest in peace until we meet again.........maybe we can form a quartet and sing forever :'(".............yours in song........your son, mark..........ps....show me some good places to hunt :D..........later all, and thanks for letting me ramble on for a bit..............hh

Mark, your dad would ( is ) be proud of you. I'll bet he's singing his heart out right now just waiting for the day your back together again. Take care of that ring and you just know he's keeping an eye on you.
God Bless

Desertox

oops!.........i guess i didnt read the whole "in memory of" topic..........this is just for metal decting persons who have died......sorry......moderators can delete this if need be.......its ok with me........sorry again for taking up space that should be left for metal detectorists tributes..........mark43

Your post about your dad is as welcome here as any. What a tribute to him this is that you have become the man you are today. God bless ya!

mark43,

well if it don't belong here, it belongs
somewhere.

May he rest in peace.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Mark,
Having sung in that quartet you speak of,
you understand what I am talking about when I say that 5th voice is singing with your Dad in person.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back