a WOW find!

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Ha! Bet that got your attention, lol.

WOW stands for Woodmen of the World, and they used to pass out these tokens to members (see http://www.treasurenet.com/westeast/data/askmarkparker/robots/200501.htm and scroll down a bit).

I found this one at a school yard, and it's the first coin type object I've found that has been shot. What's more than this, the bullet is still fused to the token!! How cool is that?

The silver has eluded me the past few times out, but I did manage some interesting finds:

1. A strange coin...have no clue what it is. It's about the size of a nickel but very thin, thinner than a dime, and made of aluminum. Hope someone can identify it.

2. A small, old button...not sure if that's gold gilt on there or just brass. Still, love finding these kind of buttons with eagle's on them, even if they aren't valuable.

3. Ah, got me a half dollar...Kennedy bicentennial. Too bad it wasn't a Barber. :P

HH,

Ray

Attachments

• token1.JPG
    token1.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,563
  • token2.JPG
    token2.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,551
  • unkcoin1.JPG
    unkcoin1.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,545
  • unkcoin2.JPG
    unkcoin2.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,541
  • button.JPG
    button.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,535
  • 50cent.JPG
    50cent.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,529
Upvote 0
Cool token, it's the only other time I've heard of WOW. :icon_thumright:
I got this ring a couple of years ago.(didn't know how it read at first MOM OR WOW till someone Id it on a forum) ;D

Attachments

• detecting finds 1092.jpg
    detecting finds 1092.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,374
WOW, a WOW find! :thumbsup: Very cool token, the stuck bullet is just extremely cool. :thumbsup:

Very interesting finds! No help on the ID though.... :( Someone will help soon I'm sure.... :icon_thumright:

HH,
Moon

WOW, Nice finds. Congrats....

Thanks everyone.

pepperj, that is a cool ring! I've never heard of the Woodmen of the World either till I found this token.

Ray

Excellent. I found a decent Woodman of the World token about a year ago. It was aluminum and larger. Had the same little bird and axe. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back