A weight, a rock, anything of any interest?c

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
image-3127047614.jpg

Considering this area is rich in history and other civil war memorabilia has been found near by I thought I better ask before I write this off as trash.. Due to it's bullet like shape.

image-4286304909.jpg

It rang up high on the detector scale n stayed there.. Even though it looks like a combo of iron n rock( normally rocks with iron ring up on tbe lowest scale of iron for me ) it had a powdery , crumbly white n yellow substance around it.

Is it just a fish weight or something Silly like that? I have found WW1 bridle Rosettes very close to same location .. No idea what that would mean, if anything . Thanks!!

Cool little find! It looks a little like a conglomerate of different minerals kinda like a baby stalactite or stalagmite! It will make a great conversation piece!! LOL!!

Upvote 0
Looks like a lead fishing weight. Scratch the side of it with a knife. It should be soft enough to scratch off the crud and reveal the shiny lead underneath.

Upvote 0
agree with freebird.common design

Upvote 0
Maybe a knob off a old car's turn signal lever?

Upvote 0
Looks like a lead fishing weight. Scratch the side of it with a knife. It should be soft enough to scratch off the crud and reveal the shiny lead underneath.
No it's more like a stone.. I think I could chip it all away . Did they ever use stone for fish weights ?

Upvote 0
Since it rang your detector, it must be metallic. Pot metal can react like soft stone when it starts to deteriorate.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back