a very nice collection

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
I acquired this collection from an elderly lady in my area. She and her children had collected them over the last 40 years from local fields. The material these pieces are made of is really beautiful. I don't know what all of them are I just know they are great artifacts. Any opinions as to what they are would be appreciated.

well obviously I can't get the pictures downloaded. I will try again.........

new collection6.jpgnew collection.jpgnew collection3.jpgnew collection4.jpgnew collection5.jpgnew collection7.jpg

tmodel request.jpgtmodel2.jpgtmodel3.jpgtmodel4.jpg

any ideas as to what this might be???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice collection with a nice variety of points and a few drills! :thumbsup:

nice snag huntress!you got lil bit of everything there archaic and woodland pieces.the drills are the best part of the collection imo.

Thanks Creek Astronaut. I love the drills too, especially the big white one. I look at them at least three times a day.

yes very nice collection, 12 drils, points, blades, hafted scrappers and a triangle or 2. would youpost some close ups of a point in the secont photo down right side? the second 1 up,and second one from right side, looks like a steen ray to me, Terry

Tmode the closeups you asked for are posted at the bottom of the original pictures. I couldn't get them to post in this section for some reason....

Huntress!! that is the one. closeups helped can see flaking. looks like a flake that has been worked mostly on one face into a drill and maybe a spokeshave the base shows some work it might have been a prefurater. you are stell doing a lot better than i am, had to start over and have not been able to get a photo to post yet. Terry

Very nice collection you have aquired.
I always wonder what motivates people to sell collections such as this after years of walking, searching and collecting.
My favorite is the little Thebes but they are all very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back