A very good day!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
After several months of hard, compacted soil due to a mild drought, Hurricane Katrina dumped 4 inches of rain on my favorite spot and I wasted little time getting there. It was a very good outing. The place is called Olympian Springs. It was a resort that dates back to 1791.

This was the first time that I was able to get coins dating into the 1800's at this place. Pictured but not easily seen is an 1899 IH penny. It was about 6 inches away from the quarter. The deer necklace pendant weights about 1 ounce and no doubt is made of silver. It's heavy for it's size.

I know there's gold at this site and I won't give it up until I find it.

Damn good to get back out!

Jamie

Attachments

• DSCF0649.JPG
    DSCF0649.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCF0651.JPG
    DSCF0651.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 609
Upvote 0
Certainly a good day..Nice Haul !! In case you didn't already know thats a Civil War Burnside bullet, considered to be another Good piece in your hunt. May be more CW RELICS there, investigate those deep, faint, iffy signals a little. Once again Nice Haul

Dave

1320, that is a great spot you have there. Congratulations on the 1800's coins. I love that deer charm...it's a beauty.

Sweet! I'd be spending all weekend there! Gotta be more silver waiting there too.

WoW Jamie!

Those are really great finds!

Nana ;)

Great finds!!Congrats!

Excellent 1320!

Long time no see!

HH

Lonewolfe

Very Nice 1320! Good to see you posting again. I suppose that the race season is winding down huh! I had my old 63 Fairlane out the other day. Just had to uncork the headers & burn up my driveway a couple of times. It just feels SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOODDD!
Great finds!
Spotz

How did these get past me?, Great digs, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back