trapeze3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 463
Re: trapeze pic

I'm Probably Wrong, & the Title of your Thread is
making me think this.
But, Could it be to a Bird Cage ?

Upvote 0

lol. I should have given a better description. I found this thing in the rafters of an ooold garage in sw Detroit. The 2 chains are about five feet long, the wood cross bar is 1" diameter and 2.5 feet long, The 2 rings are 6" in diameter with leather hand grips.
I guess it could fit in a giant bird cage, for an big eagle or something....

Upvote 0

A prop for Hellraiser VII or Saw iV.

I'm guessing a gambrel of some type for hanging a carcass while butchering. If you don't tie the legs together well the halves will knock you down when you saw through the spine to split it into sides of beef, pig, etc.

Two 400# halfs of beef will slap you silly when they come back together - hence the bar.

Upvote 0

Maybe something for getting out the kinks? Hook the ends of the chains to hooks in the ceiling, then grab the grips and dangle for awhile, to allow the back to get the kinks out or to realign the spine. I know older folks used to like to dangle for awhile with their feet off the ground so their backs would feel better. Just a wild guess.

Upvote 0

its a calf birthing puller thingy a ma jigger
the chains are for the pulling by farmer etc the losses metal shackles go around the calves ankles

Upvote 0

EDDEKALB said:
the chains are for the pulling by farmer etc the losses metal shackles go around the calves ankles

By golly, you're right!!! WTG Eddekalb!!

Upvote 0

EDDEKALB said:

Sounds good!

Upvote 0

EDDEKALB said:

(Calves come out head first).

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY) said:
EDDEKALB said:

(Calves come out head first).

Unless they are breach, then they need help. That's when the chains are used.

Upvote 0

yup i had to deliver a pair of goats once
it was a breech had 5 little sets of legs poking out ::) i know UGHHHHHHHHHH slippery little buggers

Upvote 0

As suggested, looks as if it might be some sort of calf puller... HEAVE! HO!
Calf.jpgCalf-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Thanks for all the replies. I can see, that maybe, it could be used as a calf puller but I don't think the wood part of this thing would play any significant role in pulling a calf out. VERDICT: I'm not sold on that idea...yet. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Wanna sell it? I'm pretty sure the girl and I could put that to some good use.

Upvote 0

cudalounge said:
Thanks for all the replies. I can see, that maybe, it could be used as a calf puller but I don't think the wood part of this thing would play any significant role in pulling a calf out. VERDICT: I'm not sold on that idea...yet. Thanks.
Agreed! :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back