a token. convention and date.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting a Pittsburgh, PA park today with my V3i and found, what I thought was a copper dogtag or ID tag. I could tell it was old because it was very deep and totally green coated and in bad shape.
No good picture of it so you can see the details. and wording.
I took it home and soaked it and slowly and lightly rubbed it with a light brush until I could make out what it said. I had to use a loop under a light. I stopped trying to clean it because it was to the point of where I could make out the wording, but was going to start getting worse and I'd totally ruin it. Across the top, and in an arc it says "5TH ANNUAL CONVENTION" and straight across the bottom it says "SEPT 5-10, 1904". There is also something in the middle but I can not make it out. probably a logo or something. Nothing on back or it is worn clear. It's about the size of a military dog tag. Copper.

Any ideas? I am sure something significant on that date in history?

Attachments

• 2013-09-03 5th annual convention sept 5-10 1904  1.jpg
    2013-09-03 5th annual convention sept 5-10 1904 1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-09-03 5th annual convention sept 5-10 1904.jpg
    2013-09-03 5th annual convention sept 5-10 1904.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 84
I can't make out the logo very well, but is it perhaps the one at this link? Proceedings of the Annual Meeting - American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy - Google Books

Here is the convention badge for that one-http://www.pharmacist.com/sites/default/files/apha_convention_badges.pdf scroll down to the appropriate date. For some reason I can't get a screenshot of it. It's on page 23 of the book itself or page 27 of the pdf. I don't see the word "annual" anywhere on it though.

Upvote 0
I saw that pharmacy come up if you google the 5th annual convention and that date range. How many things could have happened in that range and with a 5th annula covnention, you know?

Upvote 0
Not too many, I wouldn't think. The pharmacists convention is the only one I can find with those specific dates. I'm wondering if it's just another version of the one you have. Can you clean that thing up a little and see if it has the superimposed KC logo in the middle of it? Is your "token" single sided or is their something on both sides. Tokens are for the most part double sided.

Upvote 0
single sided. or what was on back is totally worn smooth. thanks for your help. I am baffled.

Upvote 0
Ladder badges had various component hanging tiers. Officers, honorees (Most Exalted Mortar & Pestle Wielder of 1904), committee members, home state, or city; all might have had their own unique ladder configuration.

money-001.jpg 28285.jpg exempt_big_six_in_LA_1894.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back