A super sunny Sunday find’s xx 😎

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
A beautiful Sunday here today, and barley is starting to be harvested.. so had the choice of 2 fields, my choice the one next to the field we have done in the village… his a field on a bank with a flat area at the top… apparently he had a “feeling” about the flat bit 🤔

So obviously started the day in my field and yep, lots of cool stuff, after lunch we went to his field… guess that “feeling” was just trapped wind… as zip, zero, zilch finds, so after an hour we went back to my field! 😆 xx

Some of these finds are from the previous week as I never got time to post once retrieved my bag from his truck… so mushed them together for you! Xx

First off I give you a medal, found by himself, no inscription and back is plain, then a pretty little item, my star find next, a little brooch shaped almost like a key, then a bobbly tack pin? A buckle, half a sitting dog (?) musket balls, a clip and harness piece (?) little bit (!) funky button, yet to ID, not sure what this next one is coin/token very thin, complete crotal, the back of the bobbly tack pin and ‘little bit ‘ buttons, and finally better pics of my cleaned up Edward hammered from last week!

Pics of the good field, and views from his field! 😍 xx

IMG_3891.jpeg
IMG_3892.jpeg
IMG_3893.jpeg
IMG_3894.jpeg
IMG_3896.jpeg
IMG_3898.jpeg
IMG_3899.jpeg
IMG_3900.jpeg
IMG_3901.jpeg
IMG_3902.jpeg
IMG_3903.jpeg
IMG_3905.jpeg
IMG_3906.jpeg
IMG_3907.jpeg
IMG_3908.jpeg
IMG_3909.jpeg
IMG_3910.jpeg
IMG_3913.jpeg
IMG_3912.jpeg
IMG_3911.jpeg
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3889.jpeg
IMG_3890.jpeg
IMG_3886.jpeg

Upvote 21
I would of said the key thingy was a keyhole cover from a lock.
Couple sword hangers.
Nice to see that himself relinquished your pouch.
Great to see you getting out and the weather was great as well.
The puppy looks pooched.

Hey , you can get rye in a bottle and save yourself all that work.... Ha ha.

What a pile of recoveries!
Horse tack. Maybe a sword hanger too. Plus the more usual suspects of people were here type stuff.
Scythian gold art (that did favor boars at one time/area) comes to mind seeing your dog. It looks like it has a cloven foot.

Lots of hunting left there. Well maybe not on himself's hunch spot. But it could have happened!

Interesting finds and a nice piece of silver. Congratulations! At first, I thought it was a pig, then from the other angle it kind of looked like a dog... but since you have handled it, I'll go with the Boar!

Hey , you can get rye in a bottle and save yourself all that work.... Ha ha.

What a pile of recoveries!
Horse tack. Maybe a sword hanger too. Plus the more usual suspects of people were here type stuff.
Scythian gold art (that did favor boars at one time/area) comes to mind seeing your dog. It looks like it has a cloven foot.

Lots of hunting left there. Well maybe not on himself's hunch spot. But it could have happened!
Ok now I saw the hoof.
The nose kind of reminded me of a childhood kid I grew up with, seriously 🤣

Great teamwork and Congratulations on the great recoveries.
Your pictures are amazing and thank you for sharing the lost history

I would of said the key thingy was a keyhole cover from a lock.
Couple sword hangers.
Nice to see that himself relinquished your pouch.
Great to see you getting out and the weather was great as well.
The puppy looks pooched.
Agreed.
And well done Blossy.... as usual :P

Great teamwork and Congratulations on the great recoveries.
Your pictures are amazing and thank you for sharing the lost history
Ahh thank you.. honestly if i could ship you all over i would 😆 xx

Hooray for the harvest....

All I can say is WOW! Amazing finds every time you go out. All I've been finding lately is foil, little bits of aluminum, and iron hand tools. Jealous again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back