A skunk saving Large Cent

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this 1822 LC the other day at a former homesite where I previously found a powder flask and flying eagle cent. I was getting skunked and was wandering around aimlessly in a heavily wooded area when I lucked upon the high tone. I never worked so hard to dig a coin on account of the many crisscrossing roots. The coin is in good shape, but the dirt was stubborn, so I tried soaking it in peroxide. It did Ok, but darkened it. Wish I had stuck with the tooth picking - oh well. Thanks for looking and good luck out there.
D1F74FD6-B490-4C67-8ABE-DEF174995B9E.jpeg
B916B875-42FB-44A9-9AD5-4CD78E3D2AC5.jpeg
1C64347A-ECB7-400A-B4B3-ED470AFDF434.jpeg

Upvote 36
I dug this 1822 LC the other day at a former homesite where I previously found a powder flask and flying eagle cent. I was getting skunked and was wandering around aimlessly in a heavily wooded area when I lucked upon the high tone. I never worked so hard to dig a coin on account of the many crisscrossing roots. The coin is in good shape, but the dirt was stubborn, so I tried soaking it in peroxide. It did Ok, but darkened it. Wish I had stuck with the tooth picking - oh well. Thanks for looking and good luck out there.View attachment 2077619View attachment 2077620View attachment 2077622
Very nice

I dug this 1822 LC the other day at a former homesite where I previously found a powder flask and flying eagle cent. I was getting skunked and was wandering around aimlessly in a heavily wooded area when I lucked upon the high tone. I never worked so hard to dig a coin on account of the many crisscrossing roots. The coin is in good shape, but the dirt was stubborn, so I tried soaking it in peroxide. It did Ok, but darkened it. Wish I had stuck with the tooth picking - oh well. Thanks for looking and good luck out there.View attachment 2077619View attachment 2077620View attachment 2077622
Nice find!

Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Strong work fellow Mass hunter- good looking Matron!

Nice find :) Thanks for sharing with us all

Great find! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back