• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 138
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 31
It's your find but be careful ...
Most or all of your coins detail is in that heavy green Patina / aka Verdigris / aka Copper Corrosion.
If you clean it the wrong way you could easily turn it into a blank slug !!!
What a FANTASTIC find - congrats ! :occasion14:

Last edited:
That’s an amazing coin in amazing condition. Any trick to cleaning it, as it looks great? Congrats!

Last edited:
That is a fantastic recovery. I am greener than your coin. The condition is remarkable, the soil was very kind to it. Thanks for posting that beauty, stay safe good luck and keep swingin.

That is a fantastic recovery. I am greener than your coin. The condition is remarkable, the soil was very kind to it. Thanks for posting that beauty, stay safe good luck and keep swingin.
Thanks man. The soil where I found it was more of a sandy type. Pretty much all of the stuff I found there is in excellent condition. Came out like that. Used a little vaseline on it and thats it

Awesome.
Did you dig this or "find" it another way. There looks to be some red on the reverse around the denticles and opposite them around the stars (unless that is light colored dirt).
That's a centre fold looking copper you recovered.
Just open the magazine and kind of stare at it for good while.
Wow! Nice one, congrats.
Is this it?

View attachment 2120235
Nice ID PepperJ. Is it the doubling on the U of PUBLICA that creates this variety?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back