tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a new site today with the usual hopes. The place is old, has picnic tables and grills. Ok you would expect a mixed bag of finds. Nope, 1 signal, period! Found a 1920 wheat penny. No other signals. No foil, no bottle caps, no pulltabs absolutely nothing else. The machine was working, no problem there. Just really weird. Thought I was going to do good when I hit the 1920. Went to another spot and hit two more wheat, 56 and 45 and some clad.

Upvote 5
That is weird. Sounds like someone has worked that site hard and dug all the signals and pulled the trash and good targets. In trashy areas that is often my approach because a pull tab could be a gold ring. My guess is some body has been there before you and took the dig it all approach.

56990095.jpg

Sure sounds like it has been cleaned out. As old as that site must be to produce those pennies it should have at least been holding trash

Probably so. The penny was about 7 inches right up against an old paved walkway. Probably the only thing they missed.

Sounds like they put in new dirt years ago and it hasn't been used since. just guessing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back