A rope and a anchor button

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this rope and anchor button. I think this is a cuff button and any help finding out what it is i really apreciate it

buton two2.jpgbuton three.jpgbutton four.jpg

Upvote 0
I got one identical - no one ever identified mine- mine was found in a Ma. farm field

have the same one civ coat button, with steel back

Wow no matter what it is that's a neat find... Congrats.

i found this buttton around an old school house,the only thing that you can tell where the school was located is buy the rocks,and i found it in Kentucky ,the coins that i have found in this location have been dated in the 1900s,and the has me beleiving that the button is out of that same date period and thanks to all that have responded happy hunting to everyone

Civilian civ is short for that
Not a Civil War coat button. It is a turn of the century to early 1920's navy or blazer button. 100% not civil war era or issued.

Very cool though!

Dan

What Navy would use a steel back button that would rust and stain Navy white uniforms or fall off? Could it be some kind of button cover? Unlisted Variety Great Seal Army Uniform Button | eBay Kinda small for that I guess.

It may be military or Merchant Marine but doubtful to be Civil War. A better pic is needed to see if it matches the Ridgeway button. It also matches a button on the Waterbury site under "Career Uniform". There are also civilian blazer buttons made by Waterbury that are near identical. Anchor - Waterbury Button

button anchor career uniform.jpg

Attachments

• button cover.jpg
    button cover.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 322
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i found this buttton around an old school house,the only thing that you can tell where the school was located is buy the rocks,and i found it in Kentucky ,the coins that i have found in this location have been dated in the 1900s,and the has me beleiving that the button is out of that same date period and thanks to all that have responded happy hunting to everyone

I to found a similar button. It was my first button find. I found it in a coin spill in my back yard. All of the coins dated to the 1960's, although the button was about an inch deeper. My research seems to show that it is either a Merchant marines button or a blazer jacket button.
JM

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back