Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a bit and basically just added to my battery account. But, it wasn't all bad. I did get this one strange, old ring. At least I think it's old. It was down about 12 inches!!
SEAHORSERING1.jpg

It's not marked as silver but it looks like it might be. It also has a red stone for an eye.

SEAHORSERING2.jpg

It did have a marking on the inside though. I can't read it but iut appears to say the same thing on the right and left sides.

SEAHORSERING3.jpg
SEAHORSERING4.jpg

Also, just as I was walking out, I got this trashcan lid hit. I was quitting and tired and didn't really feel like bending down again. But, I felt obliged to the treasure spirits for giving me an interesting ring. So, I dug. After about 8 inches I was tempted to just leave it for the next time. My garbage bag was pretty full anyway. :)

I stayed, dug a bit more and out comes this, this, ummmmm, blob of metal.

I've dug all sorts of blobs but none quite like this one. It was big, solid, and fairly heavy.

METALBAR1.jpg

It was pretty thick too! I thought it might be something like some spilled lead from someone making bullets in the past.

METALBAR2.jpg

It came out pretty much as you see it here. A bit of a water wash is all. When it first popped out I couldn't see any markings, letters etc. But then, I turned it over.

METALBAR3.jpg

Now, what the heck!?

I tell ya, I find some of the STRANGEST things!

So, I ask myself again, WHAD I FIND this time??? :)

Anyway, thanks for taking a moment to peek.
Hope it was worth the visit.

HH

Last edited:
Upvote 0
maybe it's .999 pure lead.... or turn it over and it's some kind of satanic fishing weight :laughing7:

Whadifind, Congratulations on that is a great old ring. With respect, I think the two hallmarks are different. They appear to be in writing from one of the Southeast Asian countries, (Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, etc...) Maybe an Asian language scholar on our forum can enlighten us! Looking forward to hearing what the 999 ingot is made of...Sub

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd like to know what the metal bar is too but I'm just getting back into the hobby and don't have any metal testing kits. Any suggestion how to tell what metals they are? My MacGyver days are long gone. :)

I kinda doubt the bar is just lead. It doesn't seem to weigh as much as a fishing weight of that size would weigh.

The ring, well, it might be silver. I'll post this over on "What is it" to see if any of the research experts see anything.

Thanks for peeking and taking a moment to respond.

HH

Go to ebay and order silver test kit for about 6 bucks ....i test alot of metal i find it just takes a drop and a min to check before i toss something out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back