A question among my March 22nd Relic Finds

ClayDigger

May 12, 2010
Germantown, TN
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, Garret ProPointer, DetectorPro UniProbe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at an old site last night and among some easily identifiable objects (broken spur, belt buckle, part of a horse bridle, some hexagonal vial thing, a rusty round token of some kind, a few lead pieces, nails) Then I get this soft deep whisper and at 8" out comes this item that looks like some kind of cap to a canteen, bottle or something (bottom photos). Anyone have an idea of what this cap went to and an idea of it's age? The bottom of it flips open and you can see threads inside the neck of it.
P1000352.JPG

P1000353.JPG

P1000357.JPG

P1000354.JPG

P1000356.JPG

P1000355.JPG

I've been told that the "hexagonal vial thing" is an antique tire valve stem cover. Might be from a model T, but maybe not quite that early. Should have small threading on the inside of the neck.

Upvote 0
TheCannonballGuy said:
I've been told that the "hexangonal vial thing" is an antique tire valve stem cover. Might be from a model T, but maybe not quite that early. Should have small threading on the inside of the neck.
Agreed

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
CannonballGuy,
There are fine threads just inside so you must be right.
Thanks for your help,
Claydigger
TheCannonballGuy said:
I've been told that the "hexangonal vial thing" is an antique tire valve stem cover. Might be from a model T, but maybe not quite that early. Should have small threading on the inside of the neck.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back