paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never expected to find one of these today!

DSC03457.JPGDSC03459.JPGDSC03460.JPG

I've seen photos, but they don't seem to be a common find. This one is lead with a brass tip/central shaft that it was cast around. The hole at the top is also through the brass shaft.

It was a short hunt today due to the cold, but I still managed a few interesting relics besides the plum bob.

DSC03461.JPGDSC03462.JPG

This piece is beautiful, but I have no idea what it's from. It's brass with a silver wash that I think will come out nicely after some more cleaning. Oddly I found it mounted to a circular piece of leather that hadn't decayed in the ground. :dontknow:

DSC03463.JPGDSC03464.JPG

Now I know I've seen someone post one of these before, but I forget what it was. The knob at the top is brass, and the flag at the bottom is a strip of lead. It's driving me crazy though because I know I've seen it somewhere.

DSC03465.JPG

Here's the rest of the non-ferrous finds. Nothing too crazy, but tomorrow I have a new permission and it should be warmer too so fingers crossed!

Upvote 14
Very cool and unusual finds which only adds to their coolness. The plumb bob is just sweet! That intricate ornate brass piece is just WHOA in cool factor. I hope someone reminds you of the brass knob and lead strip thingy. Great scores for a chilly hunt.:headbang:

Last edited:
Plumb bob is pretty cool, in all these years I have found one. It's brass with what appears to be a iron? tip, the tip being so toasted.

Nice looking Plum Bob. I've never found one of those, but my detecting partner did dig one a few years back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back