✅ SOLVED A pat on the back if you know what this is...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The back side is threaded, like a cap... and there seems to be a purply, crystally, glassy, edge to it. Found at a h omesite, 1920's. My impression is that it is brass, and painted white, like an old appliance
004.JPG005.JPG
Thanks for looking:hello:

I like the idea of a lampshade finial, but the crystal-like feature is curious to me. Perhaps the pics don't show it, but there is a purple crystal showing through the paint

Upvote 0
Fancy floral design 0.25 inside diameter, 1.5 parallel thread pitch standard acorn type lampshade nut. circa 1920's Very Rare!

Upvote 0
Toilet hold down nut. You'd have one on each side of the toilet. They attached to long threaded bolts and had a washer under the nut. If you tightened it down too much, you'd crack the toilet! Too little and your toilet would wobble!

Upvote 0
Old gas valve end cap or something to do with exposed gas lines/fittings that were in view and needed to look nice, maybe from an old stove.

Upvote 0
I think Qsilver has nailed it... In fact, after I signed off last nite, I was looking up at my bathroom light, found myself staring at the nut that holds on the ceiling/globe lamp. Thanks guys for your ideas and opinions, stay tuned for another mystery....BWD

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back