A pair of Morgans, not dug!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Two years ago, one of my cousins married an older gentleman who, with his wife, had been a friend of hers. The wife passed away and things eventually clicked with my cousin; he's a good man and, I assume as kind with my cousin as he is with the rest of us! I took him detecting this summer and we didn't find much that day, but he had fun and went home with an 85 Indian and 20 wheat. They're back in town for a visit, and today he surprised my kids with Morgans. Each one is one hundred years before my kids were born: a 1900 and a 1902O. So, I didn't find them, but they're so pretty that I just have to show them. I have found one Morgan in my detecting career, and I'm still amazed that anyone could lose one. Bette and Dennis will be here for a few weeks, so maybe I'll get to take him on another excursion with the XLT!

Attachments

• morgans (2).jpg
    morgans (2).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 615
Upvote 0
Nice looking set of coins, HD. Your post reminds me that I need to see if you wanna go out detecting once or twice more before the ground freezes up!

DrDetector said:
Nice looking set of coins, HD. Your post reminds me that I need to see if you wanna go out detecting once or twice more before the ground freezes up!
Absolutely! My aunt has a cellar hole we can search; I've found a few things there, but I think there is more. There is also another cellar hole in the woods near my mother's house. I'd like to find the privy there; I know where the one at my aunt's is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back