A nice Silver morgan & Gold ring =)

PlanoMDGuy

Aug 27, 2005
PLANO, TX USA
A nice Silver morgan & Gold ring =)

Well hello fellow hunters. PlanoMDGuy here. I decided to join up on here as I had to show my 1st Gold find & oldest coin find to date. I have been doing this for about a year & live in Plano, TX which is just north of Dallas, TX USA. I have found alot of great items but this tops it all!!! The morgan is 1921 & the ring has 6 diamonds, pretty new ring maybe, but unsure. I found these 2 items in an old church I came across that was condemned in 1956. Sorry camera is not the best. :'( Thanks for looking? :o

Attachments

• IM003716a.JPG
    IM003716a.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 456
  • IM003717.JPG
    IM003717.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 458
  • IM003716.JPG
    IM003716.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
Re: A nice Silver morgan & Gold ring =)

sweet finds plano. one question though, is that a hole in the top of the morgan i see? or is it just a dark spot on the back?. welcome and keep us posted on your finds. keep on digging !!!!

Awesome finds Plano, it might help your closeups if you put a magnifying glass in front of your lens. Happy Hunting. Dan

JakePhelps said:
Great Finds! Is that were plano tackle boxes comes from?

YEP THAT IS THE SAME PLACE....LOL ALSO GREAT IDEA ON THE MAGNIFIER. I REALLY LOVE THIS HOBBY. I USE A XLT & HAVE ALWAYS USED A METERED MD, BUT I AM ABOUT TO TRY A TROY SHADOW X5 SO WHO KNOWS. I WILL HAVE TO LEARN ALL OVER AGAIN I GUESS AS I HAVE NEVER USED A MD W/O A METER. I JUST SEE SO MANY PEOPLE I KNOW WITH NICE NON-METERED MACHINES GETTING ALOT OF DEEP OLD TARGETS & I WANT SUM'ADAT 2....LOL

Hi PlanoMDGuy....
I'm Rockyredbaron...live in Ft Worth...glad to see someone close by...If your interested, Id love to get with ya sometime and do some hunting..early mornings are good and off Tue and Wed. drop me an email at [email protected] sometime...My names Rick. what type of detector you running...where do u hunt usually....the finds are awesome..still waiting for my first gold ring.... Let me hear from ya

HEY RICK THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I LIVE IN PLANO SO IT IS A STRETCH FROM FUNKYTOWN, BUT I AM SURE WE CAN DO SOMETHING. I USE A XLT ESERIES W/ SUNRAY XL-1 & TIMBERWOLF PREDATOR PHONES. I AM ABOUT TO BUY A X5 TROY & ALSO OWN A EAGLE SPECTRUM (MY 1ST DETECTOR). ALSO THERE IS NO HOLE IN THE MORGAN IT IS JUST SOME TYPE OF BLACK MARK THAT IS PITTED. ANYWAYS KEEP THE REPLYS COMING. I LOVE THIS SITE. MY WIFE HAS HER BOOKS (OH LORDY...LOL) & I HAVE MY XLT & NOW YOU FOLKS. THANK THE LORD!!! I ALSO INCLUDED A FEW PICS OF ME & MY AWSOME WIFE BECCA AS WELL AS SOME OF MY PAST FINDS.? ::)

PS > THE OTHER PIC IS A STRAY HOT AIR BALLOON THAT FLOATED OVER OUR HOUSE WHILE I WAS DIGGING IN OUR BACK YARD. I THOUGHT IT LOOKED NICE ;)

Attachments

• 556.jpg
    556.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 356
  • IM001566.JPG
    IM001566.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 369
  • IM003312.JPG
    IM003312.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IM002029.JPG
    IM002029.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 286

Great Finds!!

Some Photo Tips:

1. Try backing up a little from what you are taking a picture of.
2. On your Camera should be a little flower, set it to that it is for close ups.
3. Area light is better than a flash.
4. Use a dark background for light objects or a light background for dark objects.
5. Take lots of pictures.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back