A nice hour in the woods.

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Figured if uncle Jeff of Pa could get out then I could too ;)
Walked in the woods across from my house to an area that has produced a civil war breastplate in the past but not much else. Found the back of an oresilver pocket watch and then dug a nice 1911 dauphin county PA dog tax tag. Imagine my surprise twenty minutes later when I dug another dog tax tag and it was the same year!

Attachments

• image-327859404.jpg
    image-327859404.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 10
Just found a hidden treasure in the "junk" pile from tonight. Turns out to be a very small flat button with loop on back and bust of a man facing left! Pretty cool looking.

Attachments

• image-3803455481.jpg
    image-3803455481.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 194
  • image-3064856680.jpg
    image-3064856680.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 155
great finds!!

nice OLD Finds !!
that button looks interesting

Nice job Buddy. I Have a book on American uniforms and historical buttons. I can't make out the image of your flat button. I'll thumb threw it and see what i can come up with.

here is the best I can lighten it

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

Last edited:
Figured if uncle Jeff of Pa could get out then I could too ;)
Walked in the woods across from my house to an area that has produced a civil war breastplate in the past but not much else. Found the back of an oresilver pocket watch and then dug a nice 1911 dauphin county PA dog tax tag. Imagine my surprise twenty minutes later when I dug another dog tax tag and it was the same year!

Uncle Jeff...hahaha

Yes djm is my Nephew :headbang:
for Long Long Time :laughing7:

Last edited:
Just had a Flashback of the 'Jeff Dunham" show I seen at the N.Y. State Fair a few years ago :censored: lol

The dog tags are cool. I've dug two NYS tags so far, a 1919 and a 1935. Both found near an early 1800's cellar hole that I was hunting. That's an interesting flat button. I've never come across one with a profile on it like that. By the way I tried to get out and hunt yesterday, but I hit concrete aka perma frost about 2 inches down. Looks like I'll have to wait another week or two. HH

Gonna go eat some humble pie....lol

At lest you hadn't put any hot sauce on that humble pie yet! Mmmm!

Nice finds, dim of pa! Hope the button turns out to be a rare one!

Sunday I go detecting hope to find that elusive ring!

tags and tokens are always cool finds.

At lest you hadn't put any hot sauce on that humble pie yet! Mmmm!

Nice finds, dim of pa! Hope the button turns out to be a rare one!

Sunday I go detecting hope to find that elusive ring!

I love hot sauce, you kidding me? I drink tabasco like its water....Habanero at only 350,000 Scoville's is pretty much used like salt and pepper...new love is the "Ghost Chile" at 1,041,427 Scoville's....soon I will make it up to the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion at 2,009,231, in comparison, a Jalapeño Pepper is only 8,000 Scoville's. Hotta the Betta..

I love hot sauce, you kidding me? I drink tabasco like its water....Habanero at only 350,000 Scoville's is pretty much used like salt and pepper...new love is the "Ghost Chile" at 1,041,427 Scoville's....soon I will make it up to the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion at 2,009,231, in comparison, a Jalapeño Pepper is only 8,000 Scoville's. Hotta the Betta..
We share a love of the hot stuff! I have a guy at my local farmers market that keeps me stocked with Ghost Pepper Salt and of course the real deal, the peppers themselves. Yum yum

image-3729985929.jpg

Experienced my first ghost two years ago while on a deer hunt in backwoods NC. I can't imagine what a scorpion would taste like, yikes. My eyes were tearing up and I was swearing like crazy lol!

Experienced my first ghost two years ago while on a deer hunt in backwoods NC. I can't imagine what a scorpion would taste like, yikes. My eyes were tearing up and I was swearing like crazy lol!

If you want hot, try pure capsacin at 15,000,000 scovilles it feels like taking a white hot RR tie and putting it in your mouth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back