A new place to play

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this old home site while coyote hunting a few months ago ( took pic today ). Did a little more investigation today and found 2 more sites. Have to pack in, but I think it is gonna be worth it. Near an old ferry that used to cross the Tennessee River. The ferry was started in 1809 and was closed over 100 yrs ago due to a competing ferry about 3/4 mile down river. Think this area is gonna be a blast. Old map shows numerous homes in the area and now there are no open roads for nearly a mile. Still more home sites to find. Got to hunt for a few minutes but storms ran me out. Found enough to know it hasn't been hunted. Enough area to cover to last me a while. :icon_thumright:

005.JPG

Upvote 1
Sure would be great to find a virgin site... Looking forward to seeing what you find!

Once you exhaust the dry land you can still hunt the shallow water where the ferry boats loaded. Should be some older coins in that water!

I'm so jealous. Wish I had some stuff like that around me...

Have really been lucky on finding some places with good potential lately. Still doing research almost every day and it has been productive. Just wish the heat would let up. Sure makes the woods hunting more appealing. :read2:

Well hunted the site a little this afternoon ( the one pictured ). Only a couple of wheats, a couple of old brass buckles, harmonica reed, good luck charm and 1,452,012 mason jar lids. Well maybe not that many. Hard to hunt it is so grown up. On too the next with plans to revisit in winter.:crybaby2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back