A new place to hunt...YIPEE!!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
First, sorry to say, no pics..........YET!

Took my son to his boy scout meeting tonight at the church. Took my trustee detector with me and messed around by two trees, couldn't say how old they were...but looks like the have been there some time, based on the base of the tree....anywhohow........

Didn't find much to brag about, just a few memorial pennies, two of which appear to be glued together to make a two-headed penny ???

Found an old bud can....about 6" down...it was a very strong coin signal and my mind was like....a merc?.........nope, a bud can...oh well. It was very well packed in the ground...so it's been there some time!

It was getting dark and son was soon to be done with his meeting...so I proceeded to the trash can to throw away my prized possessions (a beer can, some wire and some alum lids)...decided to keep the junk (i.e., memorials and a smashed gold looking end of a pen).

By the trash can, was this man, smoking a cig. He asked if I found anything and I showed him my finds....he proceeded to say, "You can dig over here if you want. Don't know what you will find, but have at it." I was like, "WOW...Thank You!!!!!!!!"

I really didn't want to dig on the church ground...you know, HE may be looking down and saying, "Did you ask permission?"

Turned out this man is the trustee for the church and said, "If anyone questions you, tell them to come see me. I gave you permission." I said, "THANY YOU" again.

He walked me around the property, showed me the location of where 3 homes once stood and of the property that was vacant back in '69, before the church bought that piece of land. He said he don't know if a house ever was on that lot, but have at it. He proceeded to tell me how much land the church once owned, but now a business sits on part of it, where the church sold the land.

I told him I won't dig there without permission...and he said, "Ol' Martin wouldn't care less if you did and if he gives you a problem, tell him to see me!!"

He also pointed out some other spots to detect, but recommended I do that in the day light hours! Will take his word for that! Next to the church is a very very old house. I asked him the boundaries for the church and old house and he said, "They are nice folks that live there, they would most likely let you detect on their land." All this while, my mind is racing with all the "hopefully" awesome finds I will soon be detecting!!

It's not a big piece, but enough to keep me happy and detecting!!!

Oh, and he said he has plats of the land when they first bought it...said for me to come back and he'll show me the plats....YEAH!!!!!
The two pennies glued together are both 2001, the others were 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and another 2001....probably dropped by boy scouts!!

Can't wait to post about this site...just had to share with ya'll...I'm so very excited! And this gives me a place to hunt in the cool weather of Fall as well!

See, God was rewarding me for behaving and not digging without permission...Thank You Lord!!!!

Thanks for reading and hope to post real soon of any finds!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for some old coins, I hope!!!!!
Annmarie
PS: Forgot my camera last night...will get back and take some pics and show ya'll where I will be digging!

PS Again: Forgot to mention, Mr. "Trustee" use to metal detect many, many years ago!!!! When I showed him mine and all the things it can read, he was floored! He said they sure have changed alot!!!

Wow-you lucked out. Sometimes it's about being in the right place at the right time. Can't wait to see some cool finds.

BTW, would you mind if I pm'd you? I'm trying to do a family tree and I've hit a dead end. Sounds like you are the one to talk geneaology with.

artemis moon said:
Wow-you lucked out. Sometimes it's about being in the right place at the right time. Can't wait to see some cool finds.

BTW, would you mind if I pm'd you? I'm trying to do a family tree and I've hit a dead end. Sounds like you are the one to talk geneaology with.

Most certainly...be happy to assist any way I possibly can on your genealogy brick wall...I have hit many in my time, infact, I'm at one of those brick walls now LOL.

As for this site....I hope to post some neat finds within the next week...so excited to do this site....praying the hunting Gods are with me too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back