A new forum member with a thorn in his paw

nvdwarrior

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks. I am turning to this forum hoping that someone can help my Rod and Gun Club identify a brass cartridge we discovered in a sand firing brim. We know it can't be old..but...we have spent weeks trying to search out the information behind this cartridge. The headstamp bears the following info in clock format:

Left to right on the top portion of the cartridge base headstamp:
10 o'clock a Capital Letter T
12 o'clock a number 2
2 o'clock a Capital Letter T

Left to right on the bottom portion of the cartridge base headstamp:

7 o'clock Two Capital Letters SX
5 o'clock Two Capital Letters ST

I appreciate any help you can provide. We have searched and reviewed a large number of headstamp catalogs, both civilian, military and international and this headstamp has us baffled. Anything you can offer us is appreciated. This does not involve any legal investigation of any sort and in a funny way has us wagering on whether this thing is American or European. Thanks folks!

Thanks guys. I am kicking myself for not coming to you sooner! It sure does look like you have found the golden banana for us and I will surely lose a beer because it is Swiss. Now we will be even more curious as to how it got here! Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Probably a snake eater checkin' his personal wep.

Upvote 0
LOL Terry, nope I am an old Huey driver, retired after 32 years and I still love to play with my M1 Garand!

Upvote 0
Deepsecrets,l I think the Mausers used 7.92 mm some call them 8mm shooters. I suspected a Mauser originally....thanks. Thats why this cartridge had us all wondering.....it isn't made anymore by the Swiss....I think Hornady provides the Swiss government with a smaller weighted bullet these days.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back