A Mercury Type of day!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Decided to go to our local fairgrounds today a try a area that i haven't found much in and clad i did! after finding a few clad coins i had a good reading at only 2 in.and out pops a merc! another 10 feet down the area and a weaker reading with the same result at about 3 in.Finished off this quickie hour hunt with a 1945 wheatie.Glad i didn't sit around the house today like I planned!

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• mercs.jpg
    mercs.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
Nice diggin Bigrig,that kind of finds makes it worth getting out of the house.Best of luck and HH

cool finds bigrig!

Fairgrounds back in Western New York where I am from are usually hit by everyone with a metal detector in 100 miles. With those finds I would be pretty excited considering the type of site and the amount of time you spent out there. Today I hit a park next to a huge school built around 1920 in CT. I pretty much couldn't go more than a few swings without digging a coin. No silver or wheaties yet but I am hoping for a semi virgin site. Good Job!

Arch

VERY VERY NICE!!! Love that silver! And don't forget to check the perimeter of the fairgrounds.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Matt

Glad someone got out today. 2 1/2 ft of snow on the ground here and had the day off. Snow should be melted by this weekend and go hit the parks with the MD.

Nice finds there.

Big you just gave me an idea to check out my local fairgrounds here. They claim they are some of the oldest in the state of PA, but I'll do some more research to find out for sure.

Can you tell me what part of the fairgrounds you are hunting? Here in my town the grassy parking area is about all you can dig. The midway and exhibit areas are paved. Thanks!

nice finds! i love those mercs. i would have to say they are my favorite design on a coin. cant wait for the day when i can dig one up myself!

WTG!,, Very nice....
Ya need to get them coins out of that water ;) I have that same mouse pad... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back