a little somen somen for ohioians.....

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought I would post a few links for anyone interested, since I haven't been contributing much lately. I started my winter hunting in nov. but things got in the way and I have been struggling to find time to get out. Bummer too cause this weather has been awesome. Although I did get out for a little walk yesterday. My son had national guard duty yesterday but only for four hours, so I went along and field hunted while I waited and then we hunted 2 fields together on the way home. (yes cornfields) (and yes I wore my pink blouse). I had no luck in the fields I was in by myself and the 2 we hit together near amesville wasn't much better , my son found a decent scraper and I found a really nice flaked midsection of zaleski. We made some serious digging plans for next weekend though, but I'm not looking forward to the colder temps. I'll layer up though and forget all about the weather after I start turning out flakes and hopefully some new additions to the wall.

The Olde Forester's History of Southeastern Ohio

Archaeology

ohioarchaeology.org - Home

ohio archaeology

Some of you have probably been to a couple these links, but maybe a couple you haven't. I esp like the olde foresters site.

Upvote 0
Good links very interesting for anyone really. Its been slow for me too.tis the season..to be busy. My buddy just came down from Alaska and I had Rudolf for dinner. Caribou ..AKA.. reindeer.

cool....ive never had any caribou before....probably a little wilder than regular whitetails? taste i mean

Good links. We have had a lot of rain and what time I have has been used deer hunting. Good news is I got an old field cleared and plowed real deep by a cave. It is remote and hopefully the rain has laid it down some. I have found flakes and preforms around it but nothing to date it. Excited to hunt and maybe sift a couple holes. It shows the field on my maps of 1860. It has never been turned with mechanical equipment. The cave is a wet cave though :(
Good luck next weekend. Do you guys use the heat packs?

Good links. We have had a lot of rain and what time I have has been used deer hunting. Good news is I got an old field cleared and plowed real deep by a cave. It is remote and hopefully the rain has laid it down some. I have found flakes and preforms around it but nothing to date it. Excited to hunt and maybe sift a couple holes. It shows the field on my maps of 1860. It has never been turned with mechanical equipment. The cave is a wet cave though :(
Good luck next weekend. Do you guys use the heat packs?

i havent used those packs since i was a kid out deer hunting almost forgot they existed i used to have some battery heated socks too lol yeah im gonna have to pick some of those up.....

that field sounds great ...hopefully its full of stuff.

i havent used those packs since i was a kid out deer hunting almost forgot they existed i used to have some battery heated socks too lol yeah im gonna have to pick some of those up.....

that field sounds great ...hopefully its full of stuff.

Hopefully on that field. May be january before I get to it. Oh yeah the charcoal heat packs are great. I buy them in the summer by the case. You can stay out forever with those things. My brother is heat pack man,haha.

I may become one again myself :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back