A little huntin' in the Magnolia State

Beep-a-Cheep

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2019
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had the privilege of being able to travel down to Mississippi recently. Of course, I searched every field I could along the river. A little bit of green stuff was starting to grow in the fields but I managed to find these little beauties. It took five days of searching but was well worth it. I am especially excited about the (bird points?) smaller arrowheads.:headbang:
I have some pictures of my total finds of the trip (arrowheads, some pottery chips, etc.) and another photo showing all of my finds to date. Also, let me know your thoughts on the round markings on one of the points, could they be some sort of fossils? Thank You! Beep-a-Cheep

Attachments

• IMG_4823.jpeg
    IMG_4823.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4831.jpeg
    IMG_4831.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4832.jpeg
    IMG_4832.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 7.08.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 7.08.20 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
You did pretty good at those places, you will have to go back for sure. Do not see the piece you think may have fossils. They may very well be,it's not uncommon to see fossils in artifacts. Maybe you could take a close pic so we can see it better.

Nice finds , I’ll be happy if I find that many all year , can you hold the one you think has fossils up to a light looks like somethings there but hard to tell from that pic

You've got a pretty good set of eyes..Nice finds!!!

The photo of the point with the small "circles" is oolitic chert. The Ooliths are small grains of calcium carbonate concretions that usually are found in limestone. Sometimes there is mineral replacement, chert or dolomite, which ends up surrounding the small grains.

You made some nice finds in 5 days! Congrats.

Cool! Thanks for the information

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back