KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keene numbers are all under "ideal" conditions moving just sand. Your going to need a 5 or 6" dredge to move that kind of material. But kido I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone else who wants to build their first dredge...buy a used one off craigslist. Sure it may seem like you can save money building one BUT in the long run it will cost you much more. Consider your time, lost gold if your not working right, your gas out testing and back and forth, reconfiging things to fix problems...the list goes on and on.

Buy a used one, learn how they work and only then consider building one.
Here is the benefit of buying a used one...wait for it...
It will have actual pontoons!
While it may not seem like a big deal, trust me, it's major.
To buy a set of 'toons you'll drop $1000
Sure you can use barrels like I did but I'll tell you, I F'N hate the barrels. They take up so much space in my trailer, are not that easy to work with and oh did I mention they take up so much space in my trailer! LOL
Seriously consider my words. Other will soon chime in...
If you dead set on it, then look at keene or proline and use their specs as a blue print. They just didn't slap spare parts together, they put lots of R&D into their dredges.

Buy a used one, don't waste ur time and money trying to build a dredge less than 8 inches it ain't worth the headache !

Buy a used but not abused dredge and you save much $$$,time and pain. 4-5" will work just fine as long as you have a righteous blaster nozzle to pave the way-John

5 or 6 inch is a problem because I don't have access to a car where we can use a trailer
what kind of material can a 2.5 inch move

Yes you could. A 2.5" should be thought of as a sniping tool IMHO. They have their place. Area of a circle is pi r squared. In theory you can move 4 times as much material with a 4". G/L Kiddo

Yes you could. A 2.5" should be thought of as a sniping tool IMHO. They have their place. Area of a circle is pi r squared. In theory you can move 4 times as much material with a 4". G/L Kiddo
at this point im thinking im jus going to build a highbanker with maybe a 2-3 inch dredge attachment for sniping or warm weather

Go to Proline website and copy their setup and save a fortune,do it right or not at all-NO INSIPID GRIZZLY BARS TO DREDGE-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back