A little different today.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Another beautiful day. I worked a trashy, weedy small timber of mine today and the edge of a permission field. I dug nearly every signal.
1st photo: I had some interesting melted slag wads; one with nails embedded in it. Some cast iron machine chunks, nails, screws & wire, dustpan handle, ceramic sherds, .22 brass, broken harmonica pieces.
2nd & 3rd photos:
What appears to be a trigger.
Also a semi-spherical magnifying lens and what appears to be some type of instrumentation shroud.
I wonder if these 2 items were assembled as part of a unit?
There’s printing stamped on the shroud. I’m trying to clean enough to read it. Thanks for looking and good luck 🍀 in your searching.

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpeg
    IMG_2348.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2350.jpeg
    IMG_2350.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Upvote 5
I'm thinking the lens looking item may be a sight glass/level indicator?
I wondered about that too. I’ve seen similar lenses in various applications.
They were widely used at one time. I’m hoping the writing on the metal pcs will tell more. 👍🏼

Last edited:
Another beautiful day. I worked a trashy, weedy small timber of mine today and the edge of a permission field. I dug nearly every signal.
1st photo: I had some interesting melted slag wads; one with nails embedded in it. Some cast iron machine chunks, nails, screws & wire, dustpan handle, ceramic sherds, .22 brass, broken harmonica pieces.
2nd & 3rd photos:
Also a semi-spherical magnifying lens and what appears to be some type of instrumentation shroud.
There’s printing stamped on the shroud. I’m trying to clean enough to read it. Thanks for looking and good luck 🍀 in your searching.
Good job. Several targets.

I thought some early type of sight tube also and the staining on the glass looks like it could have been from fuel or oil.

Looks like you got your knees very dirty LOL Nice going !! I have magnifying glass that look somewhat like that glass bubble there :) Take that glass bubble and put it on a flat piece of paper and see if it makes the print larger and easier to read .

Looks like you got your knees very dirty LOL Nice going !! I have magnifying glass that look somewhat like that glass bubble there :) Take that glass bubble and put it on a flat piece of paper and see if it makes the print larger and easier to read .
Yes, it’s a magnifying lens. Scratched enough to prevent seeing much.

Yes, it’s a magnifying lens. Scratched enough to prevent seeing much.
I have 4 of them MAKES it VERY easy to see and read paper maps and such :)
Thanks for the reply B F

2nd & 3rd photos:
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back