powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a field near my home that was a farm in the past. Its in an old section of Long Island so I figured its gotta be good. Ive hit the place four times and only found a puff button the first time there. Ive gone back 3 other times and found nothing. I refused to believe there was nothing there. Went back today and pulled another puff button out quick. Then 15 minutes later this popped out.
IMG_3439.JPG

Afterwards I pulled out more buttons
IMG_0808.JPG

Some cool draw pulls
IMG_6992.JPG

A watch key and some oval thingy
IMG_8276.JPG

And finally a nice stone in a silver setting.
IMG_5478.JPG

Upvote 21
I appreciate your tenacity!! Great job down here I don’t think we have any coppers. Uggh But we have plenty of Spanish. That KG you got would be a dream coin for me. Congratulations

I appreciate your tenacity!! Great job down here I don’t think we have any coppers. Uggh But we have plenty of Spanish. That KG you got would be a dream coin for me. Congratulations
Thank you. By the way, If I found a 1500's 4 Marevedis on Long Island, you will eventually find a KG1 in New Orleans. Keep digging my friend.

Thank you. By the way, If I found a 1500's 4 Marevedis on Long Island, you will eventually find a KG1 in New Orleans. Keep digging my friend.

Man it’s making me work for it I got a handful of half dimes and reales, but I’m gonna keep looking. [emoji1360]

KGi’s are one of my favorite finds. I’ve found more William the 3rd copper than KG’s. GREAT FIND!

Persistence pays- Nice work!

Nice hunt indeed. Sweet relics but I think I like that stone pendant thing the best.

Also Truth dont give up. I found a 1807 KGIII here in Milwaukee. While not a I or a II still a KG lol. Heres hoping one finds your coil. Its a long shot but Im still hoping for spanish one day..

Great relic and coin hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Really nice KGI those are a little more rare than the II's and III's. Congrats on making some finds there. I had a similar experience at a colonial field this weekend. My buddy had found some stuff on a previous trip but we all spent hrs and found nothing. Once I went home he found a nice copper. That's just how it goes sometimes. I'd go back there on a really wet day to see if more signals show up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back