A hunt in Stewart Park Friday the 13th of May!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about a lucky day... Me and a friend stopped at the park after a locksmithing job he did. Its around 7:30pm and we start looking next to a big old looking tree. We find a dime right off the bat, next we find a S-cap and a penny or two, then another S-cap. In one hole we find a penny and a dime and a S-cap. Soon after we find two Pt's in one hole.? A CO2 cartrage was also found, a modern button and another dime sometime in the hunt. Total $0.33, about 45 minutes. Oh, also next to the tree I got a signal that was under a giant root or even in the root I could not pinpoint target and gave up.

Thanks for looking, HH!

Here is a PIC.

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 470
  • StewartPark 004.jpg
    StewartPark 004.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
At least you are finding stuff. Keep it up and you are sure to find some great stuff. With practice you will be able to identify most things before you dig them.

HH

Good you got out. I have a small fold up hand saw for those roots. HH, Mike

littledigger said:
I dug up a signal once from under a root , Turned out to be a big metal flower pot. I looked at an old photo of the tree when it was young and found that it was once surounded by flower pots. Also found the original spike 9 inches deep that tied the tree down when it was first planted.
BTW...Nice finds! :D
HH
LD
Now thats a neat story.........Maybe that is what I hear around those trees sometimes........Keep at it H.H.

keep scratchin away mud...that clad adds up to not only change but also experiance...hell i have buckets of clad...or at least a bucket...lol
keep swingin
lone gunman

Well, Thank you all again for your replies. So much to like about this hobby, I find the hunt alone exciting and the average clad coin finds are fun. (You know its still money) Then checking the dates, mints and strike of coin for errors. I also enjoy this Forum a lot, I love taking pictures of my finds and posting them and getting the feedback. Then when you get a good find its a real rush like the bank token I found! The company and attention adults and kids give you when hunting can be fun too. Someday, maybe someday like a few of you are saying I will find something grand. (or a couple grand)? ;D

Posted by: Bavaria Mike?
Good you got out.? I have a small fold up hand saw for those?

Posted by: omnicognic?
Or it could be a massive horde of gold coins!? ?Get back out there and find that target! Then post it!

Posted by: MUD(S.W.A.T)
Sorry quotes are not working right so I am doing this:

The tree where the well hidden signal is, is HUGE its about 5 feet in diameter. The signal is right up next to the trunk roots, the root alone is probably 2 1/2 feet in diameter. The signal seems to be comming from inside the root. If I was going to dig it it would be a giant excavation. I dug a little next to the root where the signal was comming. I dug dirt for about 2 inches and hit more of the root, the root is huge. I would have to go around the bottom of the tree it would be hard and the park people will not like it. So I don't know if its a retrievable target.?

HH! More hunts & pictures soon!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 367
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 366
  • digdeep.jpg
    digdeep.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 362
sounds almost like it could be a bullet or something actually in the wood like that.

Hey MUD, are you still using the Bounty Hunter QDII?
I know this seems unlikely, but I find more coins with the 4" coil than I did with the standard 8".
It seperates the targets better. If there is a coin near a pulltab or other trash it will find it! You can also get closer to the playground equipment and sidewalks without all the false signals.

If you want one, go to this site and you can get it for $35 delivered.

http://www.billsdetectorsales.com/accessories.html

Mercurydime, Who the he!! are you?

First you take Lonewolfe's coin and use it as your avatar, and now you knock Mud's finds. You've repeatedly picked on Mud. What's wrong with you? Mud's a great kid and he doesn't deserve your harassment! Leave him alone.

If you want to help him be a better detectorist, then help him. Let's hear your great advice. Let's see your great finds. Your sarcastic comments aren't helping anyone.

haupin said:
If you want to help him be a better detectorist, then help him.? Let's hear your great advice.? Let's see your great finds.? Your sarcastic comments aren't helping anyone.
I totally agree with haupin, let's see some of your finds. I can't understand why anyone would put down a kid that is digging save that for the ones that are druggies . I do not post often but I felt I had to comment on this subject, if you can't say something positive keep a lid on it :(

haupin said:
Mercurydime, Who the he!! are you?

First you take Lonewolfe's coin and use it as your avatar, and now you knock Mud's finds. You've repeatedly picked on Mud. What's wrong with you? Mud's a great kid and he doesn't deserve your harassment! Leave him alone.
Well his original name was mac and he has been banned 3 times and for some reason has a problem with mud!

No kiddin!!!!!
? ?I for one don't find it"politically correct" to relay my sincere thoughts and wishes on the finds that my friends have made! No matter what they have found! And no....we don't mind if you walk it or talk it........just walk it and talk it somewhere else if you ain't got something nice to say!

Good job MUD,

at least you can dig,

we have concrete for ground at the moment!

HH

Lonewolfe

Well I don't know the post from M10cents that started all the hub-bub (apparently it's been pulled by a moderator) but the gist of it I gather is he said things not in the true spirit of these forums...you know...fun, support, camaraderie, etc.

I, for one, am proud of you MUD (for some reason I want to good-naturedly call you mudbug)...Shoot you've made finds I've only dreamed about!? If I'm ever your way I'd enjoy a day out with you and if you're in Germany within the next two yrs, look me up.?

Keep at it and GOOD LUCK!

Batch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back