A Hoosier Dirt Digger hitting some Fl. Beaches

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably won't be hard to recognize, I'll be the really white (not tanned) guy with an AT Pro trying to make it work in the waters around Cocoa Beach unless I finally realize it wont like most have said, then I'll be shuffling around the dry sand from the Cape to the Pier with a home made scoop in a red speedo.........not really......on the speedo I mean.

Upvote 0
Ex-Hoosier, in NSB now, just up the coast from Coco. Drop me a PM if plan on heading up this way.

The AT pro will work in the wet sand and water at Cocoa Beach. Ground balance it in the wet sand...it should balance at around 13...run in standard mode ,zero setting. Sensitivity should run stable at 5 bars...you may be able to run 6 bars or you might have to go down to 4 bars...even at 4 bars it will get good depth...good luck and let us know how you do.

Thank You very much for the advice and hopefully I will have something worthy of posting. Gonna try to do an afternoon on the Treasure Coast too but the waters off limits in most of those parts because of the claims. I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what I find. Already calling the pawn shops for some kind of a scoop, they say they don't stay on the shelf too long down there. Can't justify spending for a big boy one since I only get the chance a couple times a year to hunt any kind of beach. I know I'm probably gonna get spanked by the experienced beach hunters here and some day I'll have one. Guess you can look at it this way I won't be poachin too much good stuff with what I'm using. HH Hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back