A great hunt tonight plus a first!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went hunting tonight around 6:00pm till around 8:30pm. I mostly hunted the old school not to far away from me. Starting in the front and working my way back. I did not dig much in the front because the signals were to deep. (I am very lazy) Worked my way to the back and found a penny and some big Iron or steel whatsit. Then went back to the bleachers and found a little clad. Found some more clad on the path to the ball Field from the parking lot.? OK .... Now I was getting tired and wanted to dig just a few more hits then go. (Like I said I am lazy) I worked my way toward the area I found my Old Bank Token. After digging some old pull tabs comming in as nickels I found my first Buffalo Nickle. No date but still a great first for me and one of the reasons I got a metal detector. (I love Buffalo Nickles) Also the first good find in weeks. I stopped at an old church on the way home. I looked at some tombstones and all dated 1880's I did a quick search and found a lid from some thing... It says ACD Solution any ideas?

Here are the pictures of my finds.

HH, Everyone!!

Attachments

• Oldschool 001.jpg
    Oldschool 001.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 393
  • Oldschool 004.jpg
    Oldschool 004.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 404
  • Oldschool 006.jpg
    Oldschool 006.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0
Mud...Mud..Mud...The old coins are usually the deepest. ?I'm the opposite from you. ?I get annoyed when a coin is too shallow because I just assume it's going to be clad. ?But I dig anyway.

Congratulations on the buffalo. ?Still haven't got my first.

Congratulations Mud cool finds. ?Love the buffalo.....I want one!

I think i read somewhere that there is a procedure you can use to restor the dates on the buffalo's. ?Try doing a google on it and see if it is sometheing you would be interested in trying??

Firsts are always sooooo cooooool!!!

JT

Awesome find on the Buffalo nickle MUD!!!
1) Nic-a-date is the stuff to put on nickles if you want to try to see the date.
2) ACD solution= Anticoagulant-Citrate-Dextrose Solution
3) Your "big Whatzit" is just a big washer. I've found a few of those around schools too. :D

Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

bmanofnbc said:
Awesome find on the Buffalo nickle MUD!!!
1) Nic-a-date is the stuff to put on nickles if you want to try to see the date.
2) ACD solution= Anticoagulant-Citrate-Dextrose Solution
3) Your "big Whatzit" is just a big washer. I've found a few of those around schools too. :D

What's the ACD stuff for? For cleaning the headstones?

I think those old buff nickels are one of the neatest ones. I remember having a few for sofa pop when I was a kid. I really like that Indian on the front and wonder who posed for that nickel? I'd be happy if all I ever found was buff nickels and merc dimes. JIM

Nice Buff ahh it brings back fond memeories.
I remember finding my first Buff like it was just last month ... Hey wait .. It was last month.
Found 2 more since then ,one with a readbale date of 1927.
Don't shy away from the deep ones if you want to find good stuff - And I'd watch digging around tombstones.
Some people might get the wrong impression.

Grats on the Buff, Mud.Sux on the date.I had the same luck last week with my Buff,finds.HH

Thanks everyone for the replies,

I dig some deep signals but so far all 20 or so have been large trash items at about 6"-10". I think the machine reads big targets deep but small targets I think it may not pick them up. If it dose then it must read out as PT's (I don't Know.)

I think the Big Whatsit is a end cap to some kind of pipe.

More post soon to come!

HH!!

Attachments

• Thankyou.jpg
    Thankyou.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 169
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Thankyou.jpg
    Thankyou.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 175