charlesenealjr

Apr 29, 2013
Reno nv
Detector(s) used
ace 250 for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC01438.JPGDSC01439.JPG

i found this a few years ago along the Truckee River in Reno Nv. i checked on the internet and found similar but cant find anything else. the dime is for size.
i know carry the token with me and consider it my good luck coin
thanks

Almost similar too my Good Luck rosette I found on a battlefield with a lead back.

Attachments

• 103_0457.JPG
    103_0457.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0
Hello charlesenealjr,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for showing us your good luck piece. There's an earlier, slightly different example:

wgoodluck.gif
wgoldseal.gif

"A3. Good Luck Coin, bronze gold plated, 1933, 33 mm.

Obverse: horseshoe surrounding swastika and 4-leaf clover, flanked on either side by wishbone and rabbit foot
Legend: GOOD LUCK COIN/1889-1933
Reverse: gold seal with large "W" Logo and serially stamped number in the center
Legend: GOLD SEAL [58521] AWARD
Note: The sculptural relief on the obverse of this coin may have been engraved by the same artist who engraved the reverse of coin #A1 and the obverse of coin #B1. The W logo looks familiar -- but the dates 1889-1933 mean nothing to me. Any idea what this is about? My copy of this coin was drilled for use as a pendant and the gold plating is nearly worn away. I would like to buy a better example, seeing as how this is the "LUCKY W" Archive and all. If you have one for sale, contact me at cat yronwode." 20th Century North American Good Luck Coins

Upvote 0
These tokens were made for the Watling Gold Seal Award Slot Machine, made by (Watling Scale Company)Watling Manufacturing Company.

Antique Watling Slot Machines and Supplies

The one picture is of the Machine, the other is a close up of the token pictured on the machine. And the third is a decal for a Blue Seal Slot machine (to show the Watling "W" logo). If you google Watling swastika token or good luck token, you'll see examples of both of these.

Attachments

• Watling Gold Seal Award Machine.jpg
    Watling Gold Seal Award Machine.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Watling Gold Seal token.jpg
    Watling Gold Seal token.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 767
  • Watling Blue seal decal.jpg
    Watling Blue seal decal.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Upvote 0