A good day?

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
All,

Went metal detecting on the beach at Port Aransas yesterday. All I found was 1.63 in clad and about 50 pull tabs. On a good note, the skies were clear and the air was crisp. Over all, it was a great day of detecting despite the poor results. Sometimes the treasure is in the experience - not what you put in your pouch.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

Upvote 0
The fact that you got to get out at all made it a great day! 8) It was a balmy 20 degrees here today with around -5 wind chill. Let me know when you want to trade :D

You weren't workin and didn't get arrested sounds like a good day to me. About zero out here right now. Good going. Cladius.

yeah beach is tricky. When sand is moved on to beach - usually you don't have such good luck in wet sand areas. If they use machines to pickup trash and sift dry sand - same deal. Some months are better than others etc. And yeah, the treasure is in the experience - if you have the right outlook!?Looks like you do. :)

Sometimes i feel a little lucky here in Arizona, today it was 71 and a little overcast but nice.

well we're looking at 12 -15 inchs of snow today so any time out detecting is always time well spent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back