A Good day at the park

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Went to a park that had one of those gazebo things where they do weddings and such. I could see the area where the dance floor is placed (the grass is matted down in a 20 x 20 foot area) so I search around this dance floor and find a gold earring! I'm thinking, sure would be nice to find the other, and sure enough, the next signal I dig is the mate! I look around the area and soon find a broken toe ring (silver). Then I find a very nice silver ring with a red stone in it. About ten min. later I dig a man's silver ring!! I'm pinching myselfe to wake up! I also pick up about $4.00 in clad. and another earing that I think is junk.
The thing about the gold earrings is that it is marked? SU 925 Thailand. Is this gold? I hope so. It looks just like 14K but is not stamped. Anyone know what this is.

Attachments

• DSC01554.JPG
    DSC01554.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0
Dennis-
Congrats on the great finds,especially in such a short period of time in one location.The SU 925 is Sterling Silver.May be gold plated,but definately Silver.

Good Hunting!

Blacksheep 6

I agree with Blacksheep 6. It's probably vermeil (gold-plated sterling silver), as .925 indicates sterling. "SU" may be the manufacturer's mark. An Italian company, Savant, uses an "SU" mark on its .925 and vermeil jewelry.

That's what I call I hot spot......great finds...................

Thanks Guys! I thought they were too good to be true! I posted a picture. It looks like the one earring I thought is junk is actually a keeper. On the back it says GIVENCHY, My wife says thats good stuff! ;D

Attachments

• DSC01556.JPG
    DSC01556.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 412
Awesome finds!! Id hit that place again.

Dennis,

Excellent finds from only one hunt.

Must have been a few really good parties there.

have a good un............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Hey Dennis, The silver ring you have pictured with the hands, heart, and crown, is called a Claddagh Ring. This to the best of my knowledge originated in Ireland. The hands represents friendship, the crown represents loyalty, and the heart represents love. They do come in wedding set as well

Southcacalaky said:
Hey Dennis, The silver ring you have pictured with the hands, heart, and crown, is called a Claddagh Ring. This to the best of my knowledge originated in Ireland. The hands represents friendship, the crown represents loyalty, and the heart represents love.? They do come in wedding set as well

Thats why I love this site! You learn something new every day!! ;D

WoW! :o What some really great finds!!!!

Need to remember that spot and go back!

Congrats!

Nana ;)

Wow!!!, What a day, WTG!!!
love that silver ring with the red stone, very nice...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice finds Dennis, you should take your wife out and treat her to a nice dinner. after all she does let you go out and hunt. Later Dude
Kenny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back