diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was digging around in my junk room earlier and found this thing.It is about 4 and 1/2 inches in diameter,about 2 inches tall and weighs 2.2 pounds.At first I thought it was a candle holder because of the little part that sticks out on it,but it seems awful heavy for that.Not too heavy for me but for a little woman or kid definitely.The "top" is concave in the middle as is the "bottom" where the design is.Maybe just a funny shaped paperweight?

Attachments

• glass whatsit1.jpg
    glass whatsit1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 475
  • glass whatsit2.jpg
    glass whatsit2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 469
I'd still guess candle holder, the weight notwithstanding. Diameter (inside and out) and height are about right.

Stick a candle in it. If it wasn't a candle holder before, it is now! ;)

Upvote 0
It looks like a orange or lemon juice ream/juicer.

Upvote 0
HMMM? Five different guesses so far. ???

Ant said:
It looks like a orange or lemon juice ream/juicer.
Just looks like that.It's the design in the glass,there is a slight concavity to it but the center part (reamer) doesn't stick up any.

Montana Jim said:
Small mortar?

I guess it would depend on the shape of the concave area.
Good guess but it is only about a 3/8in. deep and the concave area actually convexs from within,if you can make sense out of that. :)

laralucine said:
Well there is a small impression near the handle thingy that could act as a "rest" for a cigar/cigarette.

gypsyheart said:
I think it might be an inkwell stand
Hmmm....

TreasureTales said:
laralucine said:

Hmm, I was wondering about that myself, but I still can't explain the little stubby handle thingy on the side.
Me neither.

PBK said:
I'd still guess candle holder, the weight notwithstanding. Diameter (inside and out) and height are about right.

Stick a candle in it. If it wasn't a candle holder before, it is now! ;)
Sounds like a good idea. :)

So it's a candleholder/ashtray/inkwell stand/paperweight/pipe rest.A multifunctional peice of glass with many uses! ;) :) In other words,just put it on my desk and use the darn thing and shut up! :) Actually,i've thought of everyone of these responses for this thing in the past.I was just hoping I could actually find an example of this thing to nail it down for sure.Probably just an ill designed candleholder or ashtray or ...... ;D .Thanks for trying guys and gals,could be any or all. ;)

Upvote 0
I was thinking a candle holder......with a mis-shaped handle so they trashed it! LOL
anyway....interesting find!
HH
AngelA

Upvote 0
It's a desk accessory. You put paper clips in the concave area, and hang rubber bands on the long snout part.
Well, it was worth a try. ;D
-MM-

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back