OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado

Attachments

• first euro.jpg
    first euro.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Battlecat, I can but it's not much to look at some kid went on vacation to the White House and bought a souvenir.

If your still interested i will take another shot. Let me know.

Onion

Nice job Onion.

Kinda neet finding a euro isn't it :) I found one last week at the beach.

found all pennies today,...sorta wierd actually :-\

Great job Onion.

Rod

Rod, It freaked me out because I have never seen one before and I thought it was a gold coin until I saw the writing,maybe some day I will find a gold coin but they're harder to hand then diamonds!

Onion

Plus the fact that you saw it in the dark probably didn't help any :)

Rod

Rod, I could see the glint of gold by the distant street light but I didn't know until I got into my truck for a closer look it was driving me crazy thinking it was a gold coin and having to wait.

Onion

Good stuff. Just shows us all that that determination pays off in the end. Maybe we should try blindfolded, just listen to the tones. Spotz

Because I got my detector only two months ago, and our weather here has been mostly yucky, I've had to do a lot of night hunting. By the time I get home from work, if it's nice enough temperatures, I don't let darkness stop me. The flashlight was just another thing to carry, so I stopped using it. I can use my knife to find the target in the hole by listening for that metal-on-metal sound. Yeah, I could do this blind. Hopefully it won't come to that.

could get one of those headband lights! or night vision goggles!(for hunting neighbors yard at 3am!) ;) great post keep it up,Onion! You inspire us all! 8)

What I'm looking for is a metal detector equipped with a good fog machine. That way I could MD in private.

Eeeeaks, Vingamel! Listening for the 'metal to metal' sound? Gosh, I hope you don't do that to an 1804 dollar or an old Carson City coin! I heard horror stories of guys who found $1000+ coins and reduced their value to 10% by scratching them! Invest in a probe, if you can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back