A few of my finds

sorahc

Feb 7, 2013
image-1454652536.jpg

I've been hunting for a good while. Here are a few things I've dug.

Upvote 0
congrats and its awesome to see indian and civil war relics togather i havent found any civil war relics here in ohio i have found a indian spear head and arrow heads

Thanks. I'm lucky enough to hunt a spot or two that have Civil War, Colonial and early Native American artifacts all on top of one another.

Thanks, mtholen. I found it on the outskirts of a CS camp but I think it might be postwar. That said, I found an SNY buckle right in the middle of CS artifacts so it's more than likely that Union troops were there too. But the US lock just looks post war. Not sure why, it just does.

Keep digging MC. I've been hunting for a long time and I've found a lot of stuff. But it takes time for sure.

Yeah..... I am looking at that C.S piece. Really like the soiled dove heel plates too :tongue3:. Looks like a camp site used and enjoyed by many.

I'll post pics of the CS piece as soon as I can. I found it at a house site that must have been owned by a CS veteran. I found a lined I button, a script I button, several other odds and ends and then the CS buckle. But the buckle is definitely a veteran's piece. It is marked Pettibone, Cincinnati, Ohio as I recall.

image-1901690835.jpg

The front.

image-2001599246.jpg

The back.

image-2687112007.jpg

Detail of maker's mark. "The Pettibone Bros. Mfg Co. Cin'ti, O."

pretty patina, too bad it wasn't the real deal.

I bet you were excited when it was covered in dirt.

Last edited:
In the top right of the photo there are plates with holes in them. I found one in the shape of the shield like yours but no whole in the middle. Always wondered what it was...thanks for any info.

Holy moly those are some sweeeeet finds!

In the top right of the photo there are plates with holes in them. I found one in the shape of the shield like yours but no whole in the middle. Always wondered what it was...thanks for any info.
??Top left facing,are heel plates,not all have the cut outs

Great finds,lots of hard work represented there!!I see a slack tightner for a cast brass two piece buckle in there.Did you ever find either half?

Kuger, unfortunately I did not find it. Several CS tongue and wreaths were found in the area but not by me! I did find several really nice buttons though including a Mississippi I button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back