A few campsite finds

rustycoinUT

May 13, 2005
Tulsa, ok
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a couple of relics and a GOLD ring ;D The place i found these items was an old campsite. The first two items are really weird a metal lipstick tube probably from the 30's and a metal hair curler from the same era also some newer coins and a gold ring.

Thanks for looking
rustycoinUT

Attachments

• cap_062.jpg
    cap_062.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 519
  • cap_061.jpg
    cap_061.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 519
  • cap_064.jpg
    cap_064.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 510
  • cap_066.jpg
    cap_066.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 509
Upvote 0
Nice Finds Rusty

That ring is nice and that lip stick tube is pretty interesting. I bet it has some history behind it.

HH

Steven

Rusty, very nice ring. Great find. The hair curler is from the forties or fifties. I remember my mom using them. Congrats...Lance

Rusty! Great stuff!!! Love the ring!!!

;)

Nice finds I have a couple camp grounds close to my house I think together they have something like 200 camp sites. I think I will have to keep a log of the ones I've detected. They all look the same...

Kermit

Believe it or not, I never thought of detecting a campsite.... I have 2 just a few miles from my house, and after seeing your awesome finds, I'm going to hit at least one of them this weekend!

GJ! and HH!

nice fnds - my neighbor has had a huge labor day party at their house for the last 25 years - with a camp fire - i helped them clean - up this year and saw all kinds of not smoked cigs - it just makes me wonder how much coinage is around that camp fire ring ??? - also the owners before them had 9 kids with trees galore - that r still there ! - no i cant hunt that joker - this guy is from grew up in the city of youngstown , ohio the last thing that made a hole in his yard - a giant mole - met his maker with about 6 shots of his 38 - on the 4th of july - this varmit screwed his yard up something fierce -
he tried everything to drive that thing out mole smoke bombs , grub killer etc ....... the city boy in him is what got the job done hehehehe but i digress.........zzzzzzzzzz lbp

Very nice finds!!
I rent a couple of boat storage facilitys (look like long garages) that are across the road from my place, to keep some of my cars in. Car nut, don'tcha know.
And right in front of them is a big grassy area that's an acre or more in size. And since at least the 50's right up until 3 years ago has been used as a place for weekenders to pitch their tents and camp.
I've been hunting it for a month or so, and the place is literally a carpet of coins, some silver.
Along with cooking utensils and numerous metal tent stakes.
So far i've found some junk jewelry, but no gold rings. I know there out there, it's just a matter of time.

HH

Thanks for all the great replies. I have found that campsites are very rewarding sometimes but they are some of the more trashy places to detect. Believe it or not campsites are all full of all types of relics and i detect many different areas and it seems that people get real wild and lose all kinds of valuables.I have never been skunked at any of the campsites i have detected ;D

HH
rustycoinUT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back