A Double War Nickel, Strange Bullet and a Whatsit? Afternoon.

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a war nickel at my first stop, I dug many holes but it's all I could find before I had to go get a cup of coffee. Later in the day I went with a friend to another spot. I immediately found another war nickel! Two in one day yay! Also turned up this strange bullet...crimped around its casing with a hole in it. I can't see anything on the rim that might identify it.
As we were leaving I began to dig some low tones and turned up an odd hook looking type of who knows what? Looks cool. Thanks for looking!!!
IMG_20240611_193418~2.jpg

IMG_20240611_193330~2.jpg

IMG_20240611_193339~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240611_193339.jpg
    IMG_20240611_193339.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Upvote 17
The bullet is a 30 caliber flutted dummy round the military used for training back in the day. WW2, I believe

I found a war nickel at my first stop, I dug many holes but it's all I could find before I had to go get a cup of coffee. Later in the day I went with a friend to another spot. I immediately found another war nickel! Two in one day yay! Also turned up this strange bullet...crimped around its casing with a hole in it. I can't see anything on the rim that might identify it.
As we were leaving I began to dig some low tones and turned up an odd hook looking type of who knows what? Looks cool. Thanks for looking!!!
View attachment 2153699
View attachment 2153701
View attachment 2153702
cool finds, love the war nickels for sure, wtg

View attachment 2153699
View attachment 2153701
View attachment 2153702
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back