A day on the Creek in Idaho

The real treasure is not in the vial, but the time got to spend on the creek with your kids. Congrats and thanks for the video:icon_thumright:

Lookin good! Enjoy your kids at that age, they are so helpful and sweet...then they grow up and become teens with attitudes!

So are you on a GPAA claim? I'm trying to figure out what creek/river your on.

Its actually Private property next to one of the GPAA Claims. OOPS but the owner was super nice and only asked that we clean up when we were done.

Good thing there are still some nice and forgiving people in this world.
Enjoyed the video and it looks like everyone there had a great time too.:hello:

Hey what time was you there? I stopped there on my way up to my spot and on my way back looking to meet you but found some guys leaving the Nampa gpaa claim.

Yes I did as I was packing my gear out. On the hand truck. Was that you? Sorry I had my hands full.

I'm sorry! I was going to offer to help but there were 3 cars up top and wanted to see if anyone else was there... when I came back up you were at the top already. I feel bad!

Hey you should use your Le Trap as a concentrator it will speed up your clean up.

Last edited:
Well nice to almost meet you! Lol. We were exhausted. I still haven't processed the cons. I did manage to get 3/4 of a bucket from some private property that I have access to nearby. Ran It today and there wasn't much but I didn't dig very deep. Pic attached. It's untouched ground and has exposed bedrock in and near the stream and enough water flow to run the Highbanker. At least for now.

ForumRunner_20130331_212113.png

Last edited:
You need a easier place to prospect! I happen to know of a place that you can almost drive creek side....just must like coyotes!

I'll try using the letrap for concentrating the cons after screening. It was really good today. When running the sluice with it on after and separating the cons I found that the letrap caught fifteen gold flakes that my Highbanker missed. We ran it hard and tried to overload it and that's all that slipped by. I'm so happy that my Highbanker catches so much fine gold. I'm looking forward to finding some chunky stuff....

I'm always down for a new place to prospect. I have housework to do the next couple weekends. I'm hoping to still escape out to the creeks now and then lol.

Eww...house work....I would rather work on my weekly poop hauler that comes in to the shop! I'm going to spend this week changing a few things on my dredge and might go up this weekend.. but maybe not I have a bunch of honey do's to get done or I may get cut off! Filipina are like that sometimes!

I know right? yuck. I am going to be buying a house very soon and I have to fix up the rental I am in... Yard work mostly.... BOOO! Id rather be digging in dirt that would give me a return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back