A day in the life of a MDer with cabin fever

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Left to my own devices today, I found myself addressing the old problem of finding gold chains.Ya know, there is a park nearby that I hunt throughout the year...rarely freezes.This park has produced many gold and silver rings as well as a ton of clinker jewelry, but nary a gold chain....I KNOW THEY ARE THERE!! So this morning, Im in my semi snow covered yard mock hunting a variety of gold items. Rings...even little ones...not a problem.Although they vary on the scale, they remain a pure signal...not like most pull tabs...which dont seem to hold a constant VDI on my machine. Chains, on the other hand ....yikes! I had four chains of varying size and they all reacted much the same. Hunting in my normal "park" mode (Dics notched just enough to null small iron).....nuthin at 3". Bottom line...to find the chains I have to run all metal...full sens., and at that, they read just a flutter above iron. O.K.....so Im off to the park to dig every friggin bobby pin and thumbtac in an effort to retrieve a gold chain today!...Not gonna happen....last nights low temps finally did me in ...no digable ground to be found...rats! Not to be stopped , I drove 25 miles south to hunt a cellar hole by Argentine. Ground was stiff on top but digable.The front of this place has been hunted to death so I head for the ugly picker patch out back.About 30 seconds in a giant blackberry octopus deposits a thorn square in the end of my semi frozen nose....we got a bleeder! So Im tryin to hunt this jungle while holding a wad of kleenex on my snoz...it just wont stop! I manage to dig a couple targets and then my detector acts up. I head back to the truck and slip in my backup batteries....still not right. Oh well...at least my nose quit bleedin. Nothin else to do but take a scenic ride home and scope out some possible future sites...great time of the year to spot those old cellar holes.
Best find of the day....8 new Eveready Super Gold batteries (my backups were no good).
Second best find........"Sheruff" badge....PHILA PA.....
PICT0002.JPG

Nice sheriff badge Jopher. What, no pic of the nose? :wink:

Cabin fever....I hear 'ya!

Keep digging!

Cabin fever....hhhmmm....when I get the fever I settle for the next best thing. Good old-fashioned CRH'in. Hey Jopher, I found a badge too! They are cool 'cause they're outta the ordinary.
40%'er and Ben came from the bank today at face value.
COME ON SPRING

Attachments

• 010809.jpg
    010809.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 163
  • goodluck\'09.jpg
    goodluck\'09.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 010809.jpg
    010809.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 165
nice sheruff badge jopher....I think all of us are suffering fron that sickness called cabin fever

Nice find jopher. Not too bad here in Ohio. It's raining right now so maybe a detecting trip today or sunday. Sorry that you Michiganers are frozen in up there :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back