med1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 295
  • med2.jpg
    med2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 294
  • med3.jpg
    med3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 291
Very nice - Some sorta Maltese Cross design , looking forward to someone here ID'ing it !

Upvote 0
The Masons also had very similar medals. I've yet to distinguish these from what some would call a "mourning medal" for the mothers of fallen soldiers in various wars... so I'm leaning toward the Mason direction. (yes, I know that's exactly the same Eagle that the Army has used since 1902... but that doesn't confirm that affiliation). Just my $0.02. Neat items!

Upvote 0
nhbenz said:
The Masons also had very similar medals. I've yet to distinguish these from what some would call a "mourning medal" for the mothers of fallen soldiers in various wars... so I'm leaning toward the Mason direction. (yes, I know that's exactly the same Eagle that the Army has used since 1902... but that doesn't confirm that affiliation). Just my $0.02. Neat items!

I agree... black is the stard mourning medal color...

Did you notice it was made in England?

Upvote 0
I did a little searching before several people replied to the post, but they all still beat me with an answer. I was looking military, but things were not looking right till Ben stated Masonic. Here's what I found "picture" wise.

;) RR

1207.jpg

Upvote 0
It is the Cross of the Order of St John
St Johns is synonymous with Ambulance here
Cheers, Mike

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back