A couple of firsts from the ocean

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was supposed to host Christmas at my house this year for my side of the family. However, my wife's older sister from Orlando made a surprise trip to the coast. Since my side of the family lives on the coast too, we decided to postpone Christmas at my house until next year and do it at my Mom's again this year.

I left work a little early on Friday, we packed and headed south. We stopped in Hattiesburg at Gander Mountain so that I could buy some insulated hip waders and take Bonepicker's advise to extend my ocean hunting season. Saturday morning, it was 30 degrees. I put on the waders, dressed warm, grabbed my CZ20 and hit the water. Wow, I wasn't cold at all. Those insulated waders really do work! Saturday turned out to be a bust, only finding a nickel, 2 pennies and an Old Timer pocket knife in Long Beach.

Sunday, I headed to Gulfport because their beaches get more action in the summer. I found a spot I've never hunted before and waded in. I found some sunglasses maybe 20 yards out. Then I found my first stainless steel ring.

20151221 Ring.jpg

It looked SO good in the scoop, I almost crapped myself. It is huge, weighing in at 11.39g. I really thought it was white gold, but I'm always happy to find a first and, imo, it looks awesome! I then found a 30.06 shell casing. I'm not sure if it's from a rifle or machine gun as the Sea Bees actually go into the water with their amphibious vehicles in this area. Next, what appears to be a 3-Ringer! Hmmm. Sure wasn't expecting to pull that out of the ocean. I didn't find many coins, 1q, 1d, 1n, and 5 Lincolns. But, I did pull a 1945 wheat. This is the first older coin I've pulled out of the ocean and it gives me great hope for future silver finds. Anyway, here is most of the keepers from the weekend and Thanks for looking!!!

20151221 Weekend Hunt.jpg

Upvote 5
Beautiful SS wedding band, Captain Caveman. Sub 8-)

Thanks for the post, now I recon I will need to get me a pair of insulated waders. Looks like you had a few targets to scoop. My fingers are crossed, now go out and get a fat gold ring in that scoop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back