a couple beaches

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Here are some finds from a couple days at a couple beaches, the weather has been in the '70s and not much activity that the beaches.Arrived early so i would have the beach to myself and one of the park department guys just finished smoothing out the sand with his maintenance tractor, just found a few coins and the dinosaur . At this beach they do not allow you to go in the water, so I can only imagine what is out there.Tried another beach the next day, but the water had a green buildup on the surface so I decided to do only the beach.Found the little lead soldier, some coins and a Polish coin, amazing what these kids will play with today in the sand. While I was detecting on the beach, a girl came up to me and said she had lost the ear ring in the sand and could I find it. I check the area where she said she lost it and could find nothing,I asked to see the remaining ear ring to scan with the coil to see how it sounded. It hardly made a noise, turned the discrimination way down and found it in a couple minutes.She was pretty happy as this was a matching set with matching necklace, it's pretty nice to be able to give some jewelry back to the rightful owner. The last beach I tried was all stones and no sand, found a couple coins dating from the '60s, but my arm got tired real quickly using the scoop in all those stones.I decided to go home after this one, but it was another nice day of detecting.

Attachments

• dino.jpg
    dino.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 220
  • armyguy.jpg
    armyguy.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 217
  • fcoin.jpg
    fcoin.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 211
  • bcoin.jpg
    bcoin.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0
Cool stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

cool stuff! Sounds like a great time! I really love finding lost toys!

Neat coin and lead soldier. That was a good thing you did there to help that girl out. Good job.... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back