• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 782
Upvote 0
Re: A Colonial Start To "2012"

great early finds Pete :headbang: Hard to make out, but is the one coin a KGII farthing?

Timekiller said:
umrgolf said:
great early finds Pete :headbang: Hard to make out, but is the one coin a KGII farthing?
Thanks Man,
Halfpenny!

good deal :headbang: miss the colonial stuff out here (got close though with a KGIII 1806 penny :laughing7: )

umrgolf said:
Timekiller said:
umrgolf said:
Thanks Man,
Halfpenny!

good deal :headbang: miss the colonial stuff out here (got close though with a KGIII 1806 penny :laughing7: )
I gotcha,Not been on in awhile myself......got kinda burnt out on here for me so took a break.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

You're definitely in the Colonial-Zone with those finds! Nice hunt :thumbsup:

can't complain with a hunt like that :thumbsup:

Steve in PA said:
You're definitely in the Colonial-Zone with those finds! Nice hunt :thumbsup:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
can't complain with a hunt like that :thumbsup:
Thanks Guy's,the counterfiet KGII was nice to find I don't find many coppers down this way.Almost seems to have been countermarked/stamped. :icon_scratch: And to have two coppers show in one hunt is unheard of for me.Sounds crazy I know but they don't come like they do up North here.Early relics can be found but coppers with them don't normally happen.The other copper is toast & other then saying it matches for same size as KGII nothing much more to ID.
Take Care,

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 810

Sweet finds :thumbsup:

Welcome back to the Colonial world :hello:

Blaze

Timekiller said:
I gotcha,Not been on in awhile myself......got kinda burnt out on here for me so took a break.
Take Care,

Glad to see you on. I've missed reading your posts. Great finds, and a good start to the new year. :thumbsup:

-Buck

Great start to the season Pete.
Nice job on the buttons and coin. :hello2:
-Doug-

TK, your post always scream history. Still planning on heading down your way spring or suummer.

Good to see your post Pete.
Congrats on the hard to find coppers. :thumbsup:

Hill

johnnyblaze said:
Sweet finds :thumbsup:

Welcome back to the Colonial world :hello:

Blaze
BuckleBoy said:
Timekiller said:
Take Care,

Glad to see you on. I've missed reading your posts. Great finds, and a good start to the new year. :thumbsup:

-Buck
ModernMiner said:
Great start to the season Pete.
Nice job on the buttons and coin. :hello2:
-Doug-
HILL BILLY said:
Good to see your post Pete.
Congrats on the hard to find coppers. :thumbsup:

Hill
Thanks Guy's,
Best of digs to You All. :icon_pirat:
Take Care,

birdman said:
TK, your post always scream history. Still planning on heading down your way spring or suummer.
Got your Pm a few days back now I guess,anyway hope the boat works out for you :thumbsup: And things lighten up for you. :wink: Give me a shout this spring/summer we'll see what we can do. :thumbsup:
Take Care,

Great hunt and finds Pete , don't get burnt out man :icon_pirat: take a break, works 8) nice post :icon_sunny: dawg

CMDiamonddawg said:
Great hunt and finds Pete , don't get burnt out man :icon_pirat: take a break, works 8) nice post :icon_sunny: dawg
Thanks Dawg,
You know what they say..........."Better to burn Out Then fade Away" ;D
Take Care,

That's a real nice hunt! I love those early pewter buttons with the huge loops. Maybe some silver will pop there soon. Good luck!

Bill D. (VA) said:
That's a real nice hunt! I love those early pewter buttons with the huge loops. Maybe some silver will pop there soon. Good luck!
Thanks Bill,
Them pewters show on a regular basis on the sites I hunt the hardest Bill.Always a good sign for me to know it's a early site. :wink: This site in particular I sure would like to see what that machine you got there would do. :icon_scratch: (Gpx 5000) Cause of a ridge that has built up over years the hottest spot on this site is to deep for me to find targets.I've found them on both sides,buckles,buttons,cut silver,cobs,1669 penny token,pewter scorpion pendant,etc.But because of the ridge & old trees the middle & best is yet to give itself up.But I always hit this place couple times a year because the bank is getting closer to the ridge now & hoping it will wash out some goodies before long.
Take Care,

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 351

Nice digs! I love those pewter buttons. I find pewter but only in the form of dinnerware.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back