Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in a quick hunt this afternoon at an early 1900’s house and finally scored a Barber dime. The only Barbers I have dug in the past were a fire toasted dime and quarter.
Not this time. This time I got a keeper! πŸ‘
Four wheats and a couple other relics that I gave to the owner, including a zebra.
I did keep the Barber of course. πŸ€ͺ
Thanks for looking.
MM

Attachments

• IMG_6029.jpeg
    IMG_6029.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6028.jpeg
    IMG_6028.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6025.jpeg
    IMG_6025.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6027.jpeg
    IMG_6027.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6026.jpeg
    IMG_6026.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6024.jpeg
    IMG_6024.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 55
Upvote 35
Thanks Guys! It was a treat seeing an unusual dime in the hole. πŸ‘
Now I need to find the big brother.
Or is that sister?

Congrats on finding a very nice Barber Dime ! :icon_thumright:
I didn’t even look to see what it was until I got home. I knew it wasn’t a Merc or Rosie. I had dug that seated half dime less than two weeks ago, so I was hoping it was a seated dime, but the house wasn’t old enough.
Very happy to have this Barber.
MM

The house doesn't look old enough for a Barber, either, but there it was. Nice one!
It’s showing as built in 1917, but a lot of the older houses build dates are off by as much as 20 years when I look them up on our local GIS for some reason. Some of the 1800’s houses show built in the early 1900’s . Weird.
MM

You were due one and you got a nice one, congratulations!
It seems that whenever I detect these old house yards I score one silver and that’s it. Lots of wheats but only one silver coin. If I ever get two I won’t know how to act. πŸ˜€
MM

Got in a quick hunt this afternoon at an early 1900’s house and finally scored a Barber dime. The only Barbers I have dug in the past were a fire toasted dime and quarter.
Not this time. This time I got a keeper! πŸ‘
Four wheats and a couple other relics that I gave to the owner, including a zebra.
I did keep the Barber of course. πŸ€ͺ
Thanks for looking.
MM
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks for looking everyone. I knew when I dug my first zebra it was going to be a good day. πŸ€ͺ
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back