A Cache of Hutches and a few others!!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
When we started back out on the property we just completed a couple of pits on we figured there would be some other keepers, but not quite this many. We had already been on this particular property for a good days worth of digging and we thought we had a couple more pits to do. But when we returned we started probing and immediately found a couple more to do. I am not complaining one bit, I figure lets keep up the luck as we had already found a nice handful hutch bottles.

So Don and I started to cut out the sod so we could put it back in place after we were done. A nice 4 foot by 4 foot or so. Now we began the trek downward:tongue3: Started off with the usual rusted stuff and occasional bottle near the surface. Then at around 4 feet we started hitting some hutches, then more hutches and even more:headbang: Tossed in a few crown top beers and a couple cobalt bromo's and this pit was toast. Then it was on to the next one. It started out much the same as the last one. But this time we turned up a couple of straight sided Cokes:icon_thumright: I love finding these. Then Don pulls out some more hutches, and more, and even more still...Holy smokes we were cornering the market right there in one yard:laughing7:

Pulled out a decent half gallon Mason Jar that was incredibly intact. Then we moved on to a trash pit that was kind of in between the privies. Not too shabby in this one either. Pulled out a couple more hutches and another SS Coke and finished off with a quart beer. Not bad for a day in the dirt! But ya ever get that feeling that we just were not done here yet? I got that feeling so I probed a few more areas and found another trash pit that we will dig another day, cause after moving tons of dirt it was time to cash in the chips:tongue3: So all in all we are getting closer to a case of hutches and beers from this yard. I hope it keeps on giving but I know it has to end sometime and then its off to another yard and maybe another Cache of Hutches!!:hello2:

Goodluck and be safe out there everyone! jgas

Attachments

• W1.jpg
    W1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 91
  • W2.jpg
    W2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 93
  • W3.jpg
    W3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 98
  • W4.jpg
    W4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 94
  • W5.jpg
    W5.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 103
  • W6.jpg
    W6.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 101
  • W7.jpg
    W7.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 101
  • W8.jpg
    W8.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 110
  • W9.jpg
    W9.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 104
  • W10.jpg
    W10.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 101
  • W11.jpg
    W11.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 2
Cool bottles!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. We shall see what we finish up with at this productive site! Hopefully a few more keepers! jgas

Man! You guys did good at that site. I love digging old bottles and especially those like you have.:notworthy: Tennessee digger

Heck Gas, the year of the Dragon,the year of the Goat,not for you,it is definitly the year of the hutch for you !!1:headbang: Man if I ever want a hutch from South bend,I know where to go. Another dream haul !!! keep on digging.

Congratulation!

Hey Gimme the loot. Yep all in the back yard privies and trash dumps. Wait to ya see what we pulled out next. Still not done though. Ten pits and counting so far for one yard! I think that's a personal record!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back