A bullet, how old and what type?

tiburciovasquez

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446441188.914259.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446441215.290290.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446441255.588364.jpg
Found this out at an old stone foundation from the 1930's. I was wondering how old it is and what type.

Three ring on it. It look like some I found from the civil war

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Three ring on it. It look like some I found from the civil war

See that's what I thought but I don't know if people still use modern lead bullets. It would be great if it was that old even if it's just a bullet.

Upvote 0
I still shoot the black powder guns. My new bullets are not like that.

Upvote 0
Without anything there to indicate size the first thing that comes to my mind is a .38 wad cutter. They are flat so that they will punch little round holes in paper and that makes the target easier to score. I do not think it is very old...d2

Upvote 0
Can't even begin to speculate without a diameter. Nose is deformed so it may have been a target wadcutter . . . or not. It looks like a fairly modern pistol bullet and I'd agree with d2 (above) if it is .30" to .357" diameter.

The base looks like it may have at one time had a gas check (or at least the design would have allowed one to be added). That would definitely have been a modern/post WWII era bullet.

Gas-check lead pistol bullets (.357")
158g-swc-gc-2.jpg

Wadcutter (.38 cal target bullet for pistols)
358091.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lay a dime beside it for a comparison

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back