A 2 hour hunt and a 5¢ Cigar..

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only had about 2 hours before it got dark, and really didn't want to film after dark. So I hurried back to the intersection where I did so well this weekend. I got permission on a rental house that looked to be as old as the one the day before.. Wasn't there long when my first good find was this token.. I think it may possibly be a baggage claim coin or some to that effect.
It reads "Briggs & Honk Bus & Baggage".
nAOl3.jpg

The back is blank.
XsWtj.jpg

I did a little research before posting, but was unable to find any mention of the Briggs & Honk name.
My very next target was this 1959 Roosevelt dime..
3jItO.jpg

The Rest of the yard was a bust.. Only clad and trash. So I moved back over to the yard I got permission the day before by needing some water.. I quickly started digging wheatie's again. A 1918, 1919, 1944, and a 1945.
gEzwt.jpg

The landowner came out and as we were talking I found this cool lead toy.. I only wished I could have found the rest of it..
Cs5yP.jpg

My next target would be my find of the day.. Although it's not an I.T. token it is definitely an old one.. It says "GOOD FOR 5 CENT CIGAR" On the back it says.. "Durant Drug Co. Durant Okla".. I love finding tokens.. Here is a variation I haven't seen. The two I have seen were Indian Territory.
RnUe6.jpg

5iVQy.jpg

After cleaning it off I moved toward the street and got another good repeatable signal. This thimble says "Henderson Fashion Form Corsets"
p7cBq.jpg

BPx2X.jpg

It was starting to get too dark to see what I was diggin.. so I will just have to wait till tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Excellent Day :icon_thumleft:

The thimble & Cigar token Rock ! would have made my day for sure.

Congratulation!

Nice finds.

Gonehunting, You are slaying that stretch of yards, congratulations! I have really enjoyed viewing your recent posts and finds, it gives me hope. Your lead WW1 (Prussian?) machine gunner and the George Washington on his steed are great, and the tokens have me in awe. Keep 'em coming! Sub

Great finds.
Finding odd trinkets like the token, etc are sometime more fun to me than the coins.
That may change if I ever pull an oldie out of the ground.

Thanks everyone... A week ago I was up in the northern part of the state and met up with a buddy to hunt a slammed park.. He told me that it had been several years since they had pulled any silver out of it.. We had been there around an hour and I got a dime signal at 2 or 3 inches.. dug it and I nearly lost it.. it turned out being a semi key 18940 barber Dime.. My wife told me with my string of luck we should buy some lotto tickets..lol
thanks again for looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back