jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hegins Park was established in 1865, back in the day of the Horse and Buggy. Trustees were elected from Religious, Fraternal and Social organizations to make up the Hegins Park Association that continues to oversee the care and upkeep of the Park. Pavilions, Seats, Dining Room, Kitchen and Refreshment buildings were constructed in the 1930’s. Water, Electricity and Playground equipment was installed. Funds were never solicited from businesses or private individuals. Fund raising was planned by the Park Association and has taken many forms through the years. This included the Hegins Homecoming, Band Concerts, and the Labor Day Pigeon Shoots, which kept the Park in outstanding condition through many years.Today the Park provides 5 Ball fields, Volleyball, Tennis, and Basketball courts, various Pavillions, 2 Stages with seating, adequate parking, and spacious grounds with shaded areas and sunny fields. The town pool is adjacent to the Park. Many organizations rent the Park. The Hegins Fire Company holds a Carnival in the Park. There are Car Shows, Craft Shows, Community Day Events, Family Reunions, Wedding Receptions, Class Reunions, a Halloween Fun Day, Baseball and Softball Tournaments, Youth teams practice and many family and community group picnic. Upkeep and maintenance of this facility is vital and fund raising is a constant concern.

1938.jpg

1958.jpg

present

Untitledss.jpg

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

Spent my 90 Minutes In the Field
DSCF0006.JPG

Today's Gas rebate

$1.14

DSCF0011.JPG

Today's Trash

DSCF0014.JPG

Was able to Brush my teeth while detecting today

DSCF0015.JPG

I wonder if it was someones Relic Cleaner.

Spalding 5 Plate
can anyone date it ?

DSCF0002(1).JPG

Sleigh Bell

DSCF0003(1).JPGDSCF0005.JPG

1956 Wheat, Just under the grass & so clean, I wonder if it was buried to test a detector that couldn't even find it for Retrieval ? (weak 6 or damaged 6)

DSCF0003(3).JPG

and a 1935 Wheat

DSCF0002(2).JPG

Upvote 7
That's where my tooth brush went! Thanks for finding it!
Some of these wheat cents that are in such good shape may have come form one of those gum ball type machines. We used to have them in stores up here a wheat cent for a quarter, some very resourceful person making a few bucks from it. Haven't seen them in the past 4 years.
You are making your gold pan do double duty, nice!
That is a very large and beautiful park you get to hunt in! Congrats on your finds, hope your next targets are silver & gold! HH!

Hey Jeff, your aerial images are great! Are you using google earth for those? I live in a town founded in the 1880s but can't seem to get a google aerial earlier than 1995. Any advice?

Hey Jeff, your aerial images are great! Are you using google earth for those? I live in a town founded in the 1880s but can't seem to get a google aerial earlier than 1995. Any advice?

thanks ! but Sorry If you lived in PA I'd suggest "Penn Pilot" which is what I use.

You can try Googling Historic Aerial Photos for your area & see if anything pops up

I was turned onto Penn Pilot as well from a detecting buddy Paul of Penna and I love it. Some of the photos are hard to see things but a dang good starting place at least. I am more rural in southern pa so there wasn't a lot of anything but farms but I still hunt em'! Never know what the old corn field fairy may decide to cough up any give day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back